[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me how philosophy has changed your life.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1467792137944.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1467792137944.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
Tell me how philosophy has changed your life.
>>
>>9388985
It hadn'tnd'd
>>
>>9388985
I'm far less convinced of any of my beliefs and am often paralyzed by the thought that life is truly absurd.
>>
Nothing is valueable, everything is just believe, politicis is in truth Post-Politics. One shoud just sit there and watch Star Wars, hope that one time the ideology of neoliberalism and duty of work stops thus you get free money and can watch Star Wars 24/7.
>>
>>9388985
I can scrutinize anyone's beliefs to death and have nothing to be sure about beyond a few simple things.

1. Regardless of your philosophical stance, "consciousness" is the most interesting, enigmatic, anomalous, volatile thing for lightyears in any direction, and the only thing that would measure up to it would be more "consciousness" from elsewhere.

2. Ideas are worth preserving. Because "ideas aren't worth preserving" is still an idea that could be potentially valid, so until such statements can be empirically made, ideas are worth preserving and building upon.

3. Symbolic language (including math, the language of quantity) is the crowning achievement of life so far.

So it seems the only thing I can do in my life without questioning myself into existential crisis is to work in education and be able to show up to work every day knowing i'm doing good.
>>
made me into a FAGGOT
>>
it convinced me I could understand all of the things I've always struggled within myself as parts of the fabric of the ontological composition of the universe. for a while. now I'm pretty sure it's just mental illness, and I was simply rationalizing.
>>
>>9388985
I now have to act before I think or I think until I won't.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.