[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1463886111355.jpg (113KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463886111355.jpg
113KB, 700x400px
https://nationalseedproject.org/white-privilege-unpacking-the-invisible-knapsack

I don't get it. *This* is where the "white privilege" concept came from? It's hard to take the people who espouse these concepts seriously when said concepts came from such superficial analyses.

>inb4 /pol/
>>
>>9386187
There's actually great thought done by POC and WOC academics on White Privilege, but old misses Peggy gets the credit. Guess why?
>>
>>9386197
show me it
>>
>>9386187
bad bait. just read W.E.B DuBois or Frantz Fanon.
>>
if you listen to old videos of panthers talking in the 60s they use the term "privileged white people" to refer to whites in the movement...but they specifically meant privileged whites, if you look at the people in weather underground, snicc, random fags like bob avakian, etc. you won't find one proletarian, but in order to hide their class shame, those same white people flipped it and made it a thing that all white people are "privileged" and reactionary forces saw this was great divide and conquer and helped get any tool willing to say it get big, whoever actually is credited with flipped it from "privileged whites" to "white privilege" doesnt' matter, it was probably done by more than one person
>>
>>9386394
the term white privilege is post-60s dude, early leftists weren't that racist
>>
>If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege.

woah metafictional af
>>
>>9386405
I know but they talk about the consciousness that colonialism creates in people which is what people mistake for "white privilege". all these terms "white guilt" "white privilege" are expressing the same thing DuBois and Fanon talk about except they actually understand how colonialism affects people write in a clear way with depth. post-60s academics just flail about in the area trying not to sound too dumb.
>>
>>9386401
In its modern form privilege discourse also seems like a product of the managerial state and corporate diversity initiatives. Peggy McIntosh built a career in 'diversity consulting' on this whole knapsack concept. I feel like many of the weird rituals of American life can be traced back to the ESALEN institute and Werner Erhardt's Est, corporate human resources stuff, school, everything
>>
>>9386461
oh yes there is definitely a business and/or profession build up around this...i've seen it in action with things like the gnome project or even firefox, where since they are a non-profit they get these non-profit industry people who aren't techies at all come in and scold everyone about diversity and do stupid things like blow a bunch of money recruiting women into open source or whatever, and it's like...no one is stopping women from working on open source shit, in fact, to contribute to open source no one has to know you're a woman, so this is just bogus shit, as soon as those bloodsuckers get their fangs into a "foundation" or whatever, it's all over as far as actually producing good tech goes
>>
>>9386197
>POC
>WOC
Are black women not people?
>>
>>9386535
>Are niggers people
Do you really need to ask?
>>
>>9386551
Persons/people of color as opposed to women of color.

Fucking /pol/tard.
>>
>>9386659
Why don't you just call them black people?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.