[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I read The Iliad or The Bible first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1491689425965.png (80KB, 853x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491689425965.png
80KB, 853x540px
Do I read The Iliad or The Bible first?
>>
Iliad's shorter, get it out of the way.
>>
>>9385688
why is jesus bear wearing glasses
>>
>>9385694
And not nearly as boring as the Bible
>>
>>9385688
>muh bible
Nice trick question. You read Works and Days, The Iliad, Odyssevs and The Aeneid.
>>
>>9385688
This "read the Bible" shit has got to stop. You're going to get to your 40th list of who begat who and just say 'fuck it'.
>>
>>9386599
It wouldn't be a terrible idea to put together a list of the worthwhile books of the Bible to read, since quite a few clearly aren't particularly good literature.
>>
>>9386620
Genesis
Exodus (Numbers if you really like exodus, deuteronomy to finish the story)
Joshua if you want old military history
1 and 2 Samuel
1 and 2 kings
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Song of Solomon (personal favorite, but only emphasized if you're a christian/the interpretation)
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Hosea
Gospels
Romans for theology
1 John
Revelations
>>
>>9386639
>Not Job
>>
The Iliad, definitely. The greeks predate the Romans who set the scene for a lot of the conflicts in the Bible. I'm just starting the Iliad now and will be getting through any other loose ends with the Greeks before I start reading the Bible.
>>
File: 1491202828775.jpg (106KB, 680x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1491202828775.jpg
106KB, 680x1075px
Anyone who suggests only reading a handful of books in the Bible should be gathered up and shot through the head.

It is already abridged, skimming over Semitic remnants and repetition is not difficult you subhumans, it is there for a reason.
>>
>>9386818
>The Iliad, definitely
>I'm just starting the Iliad now

Pick up some Plato anon, the sign of an intelligent man is knowing that one knows nothing.
>>
>>9386834
I've already read most of Plato's dialogues. I'm actually very well read in philosophy, I just always ignored books (such as the Iliad) that I didn't consider philosophical for a long time. But I've realized I was missing essential cultural background since then and am simply filling in the literary gaps. I appreciate the suggestion though.
>>
>>9386599
I read it straight through and enjoyed it.
>>
>>9386842
You are the ultimate pseud, I am actually astounded.
>>
>>9386847
Whatever you say, big guy.
>>
>>9386639

>no Job
>no Judges
>no Psalms

kys
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.