[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are we willing to admit that the Trojans did nothing wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Hector.jpg (168KB, 730x900px) Image search: [Google]
Hector.jpg
168KB, 730x900px
So are we willing to admit that the Trojans did nothing wrong?
>>
>>9384725
They could have just given Helen back
>>
File: stalin.jpg (90KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
stalin.jpg
90KB, 620x372px
>>9384725
Hector should have poisoned Paris: he was pragmatic enough to do so, yet he decided to abide to his traditional values, at the expense of tenths of thousands of lives and his entire legacy.
These types of mindless, tradition-induced behaviours should be harshly criticized. The Trojans citizen did not deserve to perish, their overlors did.
>>
>>9384798
Helen was in Egypt

>>9384817
The memory of Hector and Troy will outlive your degenerate subhuman fratricide.
Rome rises.
>>
>>9385082
>muh legacy
I should choose, so I might live on earth, to serve as the hireling of another, of some portionless man whose livelihood was but small, rather than to be lord over all the dead that have perished
>>
>>9384725

They got their revenge in the end.
Based Aeneas.
>>
File: sad kitten.jpg (35KB, 650x376px) Image search: [Google]
sad kitten.jpg
35KB, 650x376px
>>9385102
>misinterpreting that quote this badly
I thought your first post was just trolling and I was playing along, now this is just unacceptable.
>>
Pandarus was a jumpy piece of shit
>>
>>9384798
Helen was a pretext man, war's written by the victors.
The only thing Agamemnon had a hard-on for was power, not his wife.
>>
I like these Iliad/Odysseia- related paintings a lot, do you guys know any site or book or something where I could find a lot of em in one place? t.a drooling retard who can't find anything himself
>>
>>9385082
>Helen was in Egypt
GTFO Herodotus
>>
>>9385542
Yeah that's why he was emotionally traumatized by having to burn his own daughter for Artemis, he just wanted money /s
>>
>>9384725
It doesn't matter. The gods wanted Troy to fall and nothing could stop them.
>>
>>9385159
I'm this guy >>9384817, the guy you're quoting is not me.

>>9385082
>The memory of Hector and Troy will outlive your degenerate subhuman fratricide.
I'm disputing the value of this memory: is the outlook we've got on the Trojan royality a positive one? What arrived to us is not their glory, rather their flaws and failure.
>>
>>9386796
I would say Homer treats the Trojans immensely well even though the Epic is from an Achaean perspective.

The only person treated with more respect than Hector is Achilles.
Even if you want to dispute the Trojans treatment by Homer, the Aeneid secures the legacy of Troy once city doomed by the gods into one city raised up by the gods.

The outlook of the masses don't mean anything at all to me, the fact that we are talking about it on an anonymous forum some 3000+ years after it happened and 2800 years after it was written is in itself the glory promised for Heroes.

Tbh I don't think it is even worth debating the positives and negatives of a memory, to me it only matters that one is remembered. For the memory impacts humanity of today whether good or bad.
>>
>>9386866
>I would say Homer treats the Trojans immensely well even though the Epic is from an Achaean perspective.
But we're not Homer, aren't we? I've already told you what my beef with Hector is, and that criticism was not included in the Homer's texts.

>Tbh I don't think it is even worth debating the positives and negatives of a memory, to me it only matters that one is remembered. For the memory impacts humanity of today whether good or bad.
I respect that, but I disagree. I get the fact that you're valuing the immortality of one's actions, but I also think that in our judgement the nature of those actions should be kept in consideration.
>>
>>9384725
>did nothing wrong?
they backed the wrong horse: paris. who backed the wrong horse: aphrodite. they had apollo and ares, and a sympathetic zeus, but it wasn't enough. the glorious goddess of a single mind wanted troy ashes and that's what troy became. i too admired 'the tamer of horses' but.. that wasn't enough either. nothing is ever enough.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.