[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on 2Pac's poetry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 4958674958674.png (718KB, 1102x1338px) Image search: [Google]
4958674958674.png
718KB, 1102x1338px
Thoughts on 2Pac's poetry?
>>
Sucks dicks
>>
Im glad he's dead
>>
>>9383191
Can I ask, what the fuck is up with this new movement to label music poetry? Bob Dylan annoyed me, but in the radio and cultural stuff that I have been reading lately, there is an obvious push to create a hiphop canon, and it always includes kanye.

I mean, i like gold-digger i guess, but its been on like 4 NPR shows and in the NYRB and New Yorker recently. How stupid do they think the intelligentsia outside tenured faculty affirmative action hires are?
>>
nas>wutang>guru>rest of east cost>>>west coast>>>>>>modern rap
>>
>>9383288
hi gramps
>>
>>9383277

The pic related is one of 2Pac's poems. It's from a poetry collection. It's not a song.
>>
What does /lit/ think of Aesop Rock?

excerpt:

Flash that buttery gold, jittery zeitgeist
Wither by the watering hole, water patrol
What are we, to heart huckabee, art fuckery suddenly?
Not enough young in his lung for the water wings?
Colorfully vulgar poacher at a mulch like
'I'ma pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt'
(Fine) Sign of the time we elapsed
When a primate climb up a spine and attach
Eye for an eye, by the bog life swamps and vines
They get a rise out of frogs and flies
So when a dog fights hog-tied prize sorta costs a life
The mouths water on a fork and knife
And the allure isn't right
It's gore on a war-torn beach
Where the cash cows actually beef
Blood turns wine when I leak for police
Like 'That's not a riot, it's a feast, let's eat'

Overly verbose or of literary worth?
>>
>>9383361
Aesop's a bit overly verbose sometimes, but his great delivery makes it listenable. I think most tracks in The Impossible Kid have a much better sense of storytelling without being as wordy.
>>
>>9383191
it's simple but speaks to you because you can tell he went through a lot. his spirit bleeds out of it so it's great material.
>>9383361
aesop rock is overly verbose but interesting. you posted probably his best song, a lot of the others are garbage and they don't' hit you like tupac because you can tell he hasn't gone through near the same level, though they're in the same genre.
>>
>>9383361
meme hipster faggot for fedora tipping tards
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.