[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was he so smug?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Bertolt-Brecht.jpg (235KB, 600x875px) Image search: [Google]
Bertolt-Brecht.jpg
235KB, 600x875px
why was he so smug?
>>
File: adorno.jpg (22KB, 327x500px) Image search: [Google]
adorno.jpg
22KB, 327x500px
thats what leninism does to you
>Perhaps I may be allowed to tell you about an incident that took place a long time ago, it must be twentyfour years, between Brecht and myself in Los Angeles. I had just worked out the main thrust of my book Against Epistemology... My idea was not to criticize idealism dogmatically by contrasting it with a materialist philosophy, but to explode idealism from within, by judging it according to its own yardstick. I explained this to Brecht on one occasion. It did not occur to Brecht to take this idea at all seriously. Instead, he remarked that there already existed a book that was, so to speak (he often expressed himself in such terms), a classical book – he meant Lenin’s book on empiriocriticism. In it all that work had already been done; this was a book that had authority, and if anyone were to undertake this philosophical chore once again it would simply be a wasted effort. . . . And I could not avoid the impression that he tended a little bit to think that, if Lenin had accomplished this in such a book, it was something of an impertinence on the part of someone who was unable to boast of a comparable political success to do all that was claimed and recited – in what I can only call unending and desperately monotonous repetitions.
t. adorno
>>
>>9381246
He looks really gay. Was he gay?
>>
>>9381246
Stupidity.
>>
>>9381246
He was the frontman of the fourth best band in Hull.
>>
>>9381246
He was a very good playwright.
>>
>>9381315
No, he married an actress who was in a lot of his plays.
>>9381246
Seems real butthurt, like he's been dwelling on it for decades about something Brecht probably forgot about out before the next weekend.
>>
>>9381315
He was banging Lotte Lenya on the side. You just know.
>>
Because he knew that generations of theatre students would misinterpret 'Brechtian' technique and distill it down to a wildly out of place scene wherein everyone starts dancing to The Pointer Sisters' 'I'm So Excited' and take their clothes off in an otherwise mundane play.

Name one [1] amateur theatre production where this hasn't happened.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.