[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>went to the library today to look at the new graphic novels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: b9b.png (711KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
b9b.png
711KB, 1024x768px
>went to the library today to look at the new graphic novels
>security stops me and tells me i am not allowed in
>i protest that i have a reading license and show him my library badge
>he says i don't understand and points to the new no singles policy posted on the door
>plead that i have a 250 word essay due tomorrow and offer him a bribe
>he says he will accept the bribe only so that I do not think I have failed to do anything but he still won't let me in
>>
>>9376165
get a cute literary waifu like me, anon
>>
File: 1471516054232.jpg (272KB, 1804x1478px) Image search: [Google]
1471516054232.jpg
272KB, 1804x1478px
>Went to the library to check out the manga section
>Teen boys and girls occupying the room
>Circle the library a few times
>They won't leave, reading their manga and chatting with no care in the world
>Leave library
>40 minute drive with the bus

Sucks pretty hard, desu, this didn't happen just once either. Back to reading scanlations.
>>
>>9376169
Can I smell your hair?
>>
Libraries have comics and manga?
>>
>>9376177
Graphic novels and manga are the most spaghetti things to try and get a hold of from a library or bookstore, it's usually the same scenester/emo/fedora tipping kids hanging around there, eating ramen noodles and spilling monster energy drink all over everything it makes me want to give them all detentions for being greasy little faggots who live on diets of fast food and shitty edm
>>
>>9376169

Like you have, or like you are?

Either way, would you like to go out for cocktails sometime?
>>
>>9376197
In my case they were usual Chads who were just occupying space to hang on their smartphones and a couple quiet girls. Don't know where you find those type of people, but not in my city library.
>>
>>9376197

To be fair, I'd rather rent them from the library instead of buying them. I don't even read a lot of graphic novels but they're like twice the price of normal books.

Same shit with Blu-rays actually.
>>
File: a frog.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
a frog.png
7KB, 420x420px
>Local book shop happens to be a minor tourist attraction
>Have to squeeze past hundreds of Americans wearing fanny packs aimlessly lurching around going "LOOK AT ALL THESE DARNED BOOKS HUN"
>>
>>9376227
I try to get films on dual-format if I can - blu-ray and DVD. It's usually the same price as just a standalone blu-ray and most films that are available as a dual-format release are full of features and a nifty booklet full of essays/interviews/etc.
>>
>>9376216

pls reply
>>
>>9376273

I'm not American. Criterion collection only just started here (UK) and I don't believe there are many other distributors who include booklets.

Though I think the BFI used to - I have a DVD copy of Still Life (the Jia Zhangke film) that came with a booklet.
>>
>go to bookstore
>books arent arranged alphabetically
>mostly manuals to activate your chakras or soccer mom shit
>customers always ask me if i work there
>>
>>9376187
>>9376216
no
no
lol
>>
>>9376165
oh fuck that last sentence got me
>>
>>9376231
>only buy books in bulk twice per year
>huge book sale of 30k books at local uni for fundraising (ie. get a book for 2 bucks with a sticker price of 20+)
>other than that, just thrift store book shopping
someone who pays sticker price for a fuggin book is as big of a fool as someone who buys the car off the lot
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.