[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fear and Loathing -book and movie.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: fear and loathing.jpg (3MB, 1500x2328px) Image search: [Google]
fear and loathing.jpg
3MB, 1500x2328px
A question for those who have read Fear and Loathing and have also watched the movie:

Is the book anything like the movie?
Is it worth reading it after having seen the movie?
>>
The movie can be very funny, but not a decent drug-movie by my standards.
>>
>>9376102
The film is quite similar to the book however there are a few differences.

If you enjoyed the movie then go ahead mate. The book's pretty much the same as the movie and I found myself imagining the scenes from the movie as I read through it.
>>
I think I have permanent brain damage. What do from here on out?
>>
>>9376128
take lots of acid and hope that it fixes everything.
>>
>>9376128
You took too much man, you took too much, too much
>>
>>9376140
>>9376259
Does the password Fiolpig8 strike a chord with you? It sounds like "why don't we negate the pedophile jews in our government"??
>>
>>9376356
>Fiolpig8
sounds bad but I have no idea of what you're talking about. a password to what device/system/account?
>>
>>9376140
This
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJpR6wMzB-A
just watch this
>>
>>9376128
thus >>9376422
and everythingll be fine
>>
the end of this movie suggest a depth that was actually lacking in the rest of it, which is disappointing. idk if it is because of the music, because of the road, because of the reminiscence of the start of the movie, or a conjuction of it all, but it promises more at the end than it gives before the end.

tl;dr I even prefer Candy as a drugs movie.
>>
>Is the book anything like the movie?

Maybe the first half is pretty spot on. After that it kind of derails.

>Is it worth reading it after having seen the movie?

The book is way better. The movie had a ton of problems with the production and all that, and it shows.
>>
>>9376685
>Movie had a lot of problems and it shows
I agree. It also seems very shallow to me -the main appeal of it is the presentation of what it suppossedly feels like being in LSD/mescaline/other hallocinogens... And I dont find that compelling at all in a drug movie.
Have you watched Panic in Needle Park with Al Pacino? Thats a pretty good movie about drugs. But then again, its about heroin,nothing to do with lsd etc...
>>
>>9376102
The movie is one of the closest adaptations of a book that I've ever seen. However, it's definitely worth-while to read the book, since by the very nature of the difference between film and text, the text will provide a different aspect of the same plot. I'd also recommend reading pretty much all of the rest of Hunter Thompson's stuff from before 1980 or so (after that he lost most of his writing ability, or just stopped caring). Hell's Angels, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail, and all the collected magazine pieces you can find in Generation of Swine are all worth-while.
>>
>>9376356
i love scizophrenia
>>
>>9377385
Ok thanks anon
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.