[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing apps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I'm about to get a little bit reddit here, but do any of you use writing apps on your phone? I've started using Google Handwriting and a decent stylus to write in lieu of carrying a notebook around and it's pretty convenient. Beats having to transcribe later, too.

As far as specific apps for the writing/editing, I use Jotterpad, although I really wish there was a program like FocusWriter on Android. I like using it on my laptop to put a picture related to whatever I"m writing in the background, play with the font, etc., to set the mood (I'm a graphic designer during the day, so it makes sense). Thoughts?
>>
Come on, bump.
>>
You have to go back.
>>
You have to go back.
>>
>>9374118
Mmm, the phone doesn't seem like a good way to write, then again I write a lot in it.

I use Turbo Editor myself, which is easy and fast and no fancy, but what I really would like is a sort of GJots2 for android to order all my notes because tree views rock.
>>
I don't know, I came here just for tits, thanks
>>
I have Writer but I don't use it much.
>>
>>9374118
Software thread?
On my phone I use Writeilpro to write my notes in markdown. (I also write my outlines to mark down) Those notes are synced with my desktop and laptop with sync thing. I will sometimes write my first draft on my phone and if I do, I use a plain text editor from a file browser. On the desktop I only use a plain text editor, an equivalent to Microsoft wordpad. Aside from my phone, my writing workflow is 100% free and open source software.
[Spoiler] I also need the voice typing from Android because they never taught me how to spell in school. I use KDE connect to send the output from Google Voice typing to my desktop. It's a horribly inefficient way to write.[/spoiler]
>>
>>9376287
Dem titties doe
>>
>>9377392
Bro, you see those tits tho?
>>
>>9377387
>>9377387
>>>9374118 (OP)
>I also need the voice typing from Android because they never taught me how to spell in school.
Is English not your first language?
Also what is KDE connect?
>>
>>9377650
Native speaker. I never learned it because I took the short bus to school and nobody cares about the special ed kid. They told me it was a disability called dysgraphia and that i'd never be able to learn. Wasn't even an inner-city School. It was three good suburban elementary schools.

KSE connect is a small project from the KDE desktop environment that bridges your smartphone to your PC. One of its features is using your phone as a mouse and keyboard and I found that it sends the output from the voice typing. It's how I was able to switch from Windows to Linux. I used Dragon Naturally Speaking before that. I waste a lot of time correcting mistakes and formatting either way.
>>
>>9377722
Damn, that sucks.
>>
>>9377407

I have seen them bro
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.