[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some essential psychology books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Без названия.jpg (6KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
Без названия.jpg
6KB, 206x245px
What are some essential psychology books?
>>
>>9373609
You don't need books to understand the mentality and minds of people. Take the redpill and see what women and men's true natures are
>>
Sex and character
>>
Psychology, especially modern psychology, is absolute trash. Science is cancer.
>>
ecrits
>>
>>9373609
Psychology of the Masses
Denial of Death
Civilization and its discontents
>>
>>9373609
I'll go with Steven Pinker's "How the mind works", and textbooks on personality, cognitive biases and so on
If political science is interesting to you I suggest "Our political nature", "Predisposed" and "The righteous mind". Though I am still figuring out which of these three books is right.

You could also look for Scott Barry Kaufman, Dan O'Reily and Daniel Kahneman
>>
>>9373622
You sound like a real expert on the matter lol
>>
>Not starting with Freud and working your way up.
>>
>>9373616
That is not enough. Social constructs, respect for them, laziness and so forth. Too wide an array for strategies. Women have fewer strategies. Main reason they may seem simple.
>>
>>9373643
I'd add Erich Fromm to that - either The Sane Society or The Art Of Loving

Fromm and that other anon's list are very far removed from modern psychology, they're closer to interpretative philosophy than the current number-crunching
>>
>>9375332
Freud is not scientific
>>
>>9375342
>implying that the current field running non-reproducible research with 10 WEIRD university students is more scientific
>>
Essentially all Western philosophy since Descartes, after Science had cuckolded philosophy to only address the human.
>>
>>9373609

Read 'How to think straight about psychology'
>>
>>9375346
Maybe not, but it is a better start. At least stuff nowadays is being tested
>>
>>9375351
>science is good because muh feelies
>>
You Are Not So Smart
and
You Can Beat Your Brain
both by David McRaney
>>
>>9373616
give me the redpill anon i am ready
>>
Read everything by Freud, then everything by Lacan and listen to his lectures. Then you can read Zizek assuming you have allready read Hegel. Of course, you should start with the greeks if you haven't allready.
>>
>>9376693
In a couple of years you be laughed off just as people who suggest to read about phrenology would be laughed at in the current year
>>
>>9376724
>MUH
>PSY
>ANTS
>>
>>9376724
A-are you six? Or just foreign? Learn to speak proper American, motherfucker.
>>
>>9373609
The best psychology book has no words, and is printed on blotter paper.
>>
File: owen wilson quote.jpg (17KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
owen wilson quote.jpg
17KB, 480x358px
>>9378093
>>
>>9377285
If you are referring to the use of "laughed off" I was being creative
If there was something else you didn't like I hold the belief that there is no correct language - up to a point

When you read about the study of linguistics you'll start to understand that correct language hardly exist

The proper American of today will most likely look foreign to the proper American of the future
>>
>>9375253
ass

with love from /s4s/
>>
>>9373609
probably a freshman level psychology textbook
>>
>>9373609
START WITH THE GERMANS

W U N D T
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.