[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I start writing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: writing.jpg (6KB, 329x153px) Image search: [Google]
writing.jpg
6KB, 329x153px
>>
start with a daily journal to get you in the habit
>>
>>9372332
Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>9372320
buy a pen and a note book.
Make the pen really nice, so it's a pleasure to use for even writing a shopping list.

Then write.
>>
>>9372612
Great! Thanks.
>>
>>9372320

I'm new to writing too.
Things that have helped me are as follows:

Have a friend, preferably one who's opinion you respect, read your work consistently and provide feedback. Doesn't have to be criticism. Just feedback.

Try writing in every imaginable mood, particularly a mood in which you do not want to write.

Don't talk about what you want to write prior to writing it. Write, then talk.
>>
>>9373042
>Don't talk about what you want to write prior to writing it. Write, then talk.
this is probably one of the most important things. the majority of self-proclaimed writers spend more time daydreaming and talking about writing than actually writing.
>>
>>9373042
>Don't talk about what you want to write prior to writing it. Write, then talk.

Goddammit, this is the hardest bit.
>>
Anyone got any cool writing prompts?
>>
literally just write.
write more
and write more.
>>
>>9373193
Psst, hey...over here...could I interest you in talking about what we plan on writing soon, friend?
>>
Poetry or prose?
>>
>>9373042

I have to disagree on this one. Talking is a two way street ya know. Unless you associate with total tards, you might get some meaningful feedback.

Or better yet instead of talking, try telling them the story. This is your story, you know it. Just tell them what happens the same as you would tell any other story in your life. As you practice telling the story, it gets embellished, you change bits, this is the origin of oral tradition, the precursor to literature. Any other approach is decadent and sterile. Literature is meant to live and breath.
>>
>>9374223

The year is 2017. The president is taking the country to war. A president that truly embodies the character of the people. Unfortunately this is the year aliens decide to visit. Will trump fuck it up and get us exterminated like the pitiful insects we are? Tune in tonight at 11.
>>
>>9374261
I only meant not to talk about it prior to writing anything. When it's a merely an idea in your head, don't blow your load on a friend, blow it on the page. Then talk about it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.