[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: it.jpg (31KB, 259x444px) Image search: [Google]
it.jpg
31KB, 259x444px
Been re-reading lately and have read in decades. Very good developed characters and IT is terrifying. Recently found out this book as connections with other works like the Dark Tower series too.

Thoughts? What other good Steven King books? Looking to expand my collections.
>>
>>9372288
Dude idk how you're doing. I have 100 pages left and can't get myself to read the book it's so boring.
>>
File: 1490395154009.jpg (181KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490395154009.jpg
181KB, 1440x900px
>>9372288
Oh jesus.. first time here?

Enjoy your visit
>>
>>9372288
> Very good developed characters and IT is terrifying
No need to lie just admit that you liked the gangbang
>>
>>9372295
What part is boring? I'm about 400 pages in and it's getting good. Just read the part where the creature as a rotting hobo wanted to give Eddie a blowjob.
>>
>>9372288
I just started it. About 100 pages in. There was a thread a few days ago and some anon said its more sad than it is terrifying, and thus far I can kinda start seeing that. The section with Stanley Uris crying in the dark to his wife about his impotency was pretty heartfelt. I'm not really a big fan of King, but I'm gonna give it a whirl.
>>
IT is my favorite King book. Misery and The Stand are on par with it. Different Seasons is a good collection of short stories. The Long Walk is overrated around here, but worth reading. Basically check out any novel written when he was still a drunk/addict; pre 1990s.
>>
Stephen King is pretty responsible for getting me into literature in the first place so I still look back on him fondly and recognize some of his books as being actually good.

From what I remember IT, Misery, Rage, The Shining (arguably, some people find it far worse than the movie), Pet Semetery, and the first 3 Dark Tower books were good. I'd also highly recommend some of his short stories, particularly 1922, Ballad of the Flexible Bullet, and Survivor Type. Skeleton Crew has most of the shorts I've read from him.

Don't read Under the Dome, Insomnia, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Dreamcatcher, The Regulators/Desperation, or the last few Dark Towers, they're trash.
>>
>>9373677
>Rage
I recommend it only because it's so short. Not really one of his best works.
>>
I reached 500 pages of 'It' and had to stop.

Wasn't scary enough. 'It' isn't actually a credible threat most of the time. The narrative jumps back and forth in time ruin any sense of immersion. Every chapter has too many trivial details to what ends up being a dull scene most of the time. It's like looking at a great story through a pair of binoculars: it's fucking there but god damn Stephen stop waffling.
>>
>>9372288
I like it. Most people say it got boring, but I couldn't stop reading it. For me, it was good,but I understand how others don't.
>>
I read it when i was like 13 and I thought it was pretty cool

Then I read another Stephen king book and the story was exactly the same except instead of little kids it was retirees going underground and killing some monster in some unkown little town

they didnt have an orgy in a sewer though which sucked
>>
>>9374912
was pre scary but now that I look back it's pretty trash

also from my very vague memory of it the characters are textbook highschool clique cliche's
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.