[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Camus decide the struggle itself is meaningful? If I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Sisyphus.jpg (30KB, 399x393px) Image search: [Google]
Sisyphus.jpg
30KB, 399x393px
How did Camus decide the struggle itself is meaningful? If I work overtime at my shitty job I don't feel anything positive.
>>
>>9371003
Camus does not invent anything. Inventing meaning has been done by men since they contrived a society. The whole purpose of a society is precisely giving meaning and morality, purposes, merit, loyalty about any human activity done at the time of the society since all those spooks of meaning and morality are not found in ''nature'' and men cannot stand to be useless and just provide for women.
>>
>>9371011
You're dodging my point. How are we supposed to "imagine Sisyphus happy". Pushing a boulder up a hill forever seems like a metaphor for being a wageslave.
>>
>>9371033
Have you actually read his work, or just that quote?
>>
"the struggle itself is meaningful" - man enjoying the comforts of France while thousands die every day from disease or starvation
>>
>>9371042
I skip through fluff in every book I read. So yeah he defies the gods by endlessly pushing up a rock. But in real life there is no god so what exactly am I supposed to spend all my energy defying? In an ordinary occupation I would just be giving someone else more shekels.
>>
>>9371050
>I skip through fluff in every book I read
Maybe try not to, because apparently it's not just fluff you're skipping through.

Here, it's not even that long:
http://dbanach.com/sisyphus.htm
>>
>>9371056
Marxism would be way better for most people than trying to be an absurd hero.
>>
>>9371086
But one man cannot decide for the entire society to become Marxist. He can decide for himself to be absurdist.
>>
File: 8789679897.jpg (81KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
8789679897.jpg
81KB, 600x544px
>>9371089
>>
>>9371089
>one man cannot decide for the entire society

You reason like a postmodernist indivdualist. It wasn't always like that.
>>
>>9371098
Only if it's the right man.
Let me rephrase. I cannot decide for the society I live in to become a Marxist one, I can however decide to become absurdist, and embrace the situation I am in.
>>
>>9371003
Get your own reasons to live. How goddamn pathetically self-involved are you that you look around at the world and can't find anything worth your time and effort?
>>
He'd have to throw all of his /r/eddit ramblings in the trash and acknowledge Spirit and Ideal otherwise.
>>
File: aaa.jpg (644KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
644KB, 1024x680px
>>9371011
wtf how are humans and human society not "nature"
>>
>>9371056
this is just the end of it

the actual essay is much longer, and is pretty important to his point
>>
>>9371349
Because "nature" is generally used to refer to things that have been unaffected by humanity. You can argue that because humans are natural creatures, anything we do and create is natural, but this is rarely the intended meaning.
>>
>>9371047
I really hate this argument because it implies that you care about international suffering, and it is a platform for rationalizing some form of existentialism which apologizes for your own poor view of life. If you really cared about the "starving people" who you've concerned yourself with, while also living a privileged life with amenities like electricity and internet, then where are they, even? Do you know where this concentration of suffering across the world even is? Do you know the political and geographic circumstances which maintain this suffering? Maybe it is just appealing for you to be able to point to "suffering" that you don't even have the ability to comprehend or care about in a meaningful way because your own life is boring and shit, but unlike those people it's all your stupid fucking fault and people who actually use societal advantage to better culture and humanity have to spend time on a 4chin book board explaining to you why you're just a whiny faggot every day.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.