[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Michael Crichton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Grant_on_River.jpg (2MB, 1800x1172px) Image search: [Google]
Grant_on_River.jpg
2MB, 1800x1172px
What does /lit/ think of this author? And what do you think about Jurassic Park and Westworld in particular?
>>
sphere was the best movie of the 21st century
>>
>>9360188
Jurassic World still is one of my favorite novels

the sequel was shit, and he obviously wrote it in a rush because they wanted a sequel for the movie
>>
Jurassic Park is pretty decent. It's a fun read
>>
Jurassic Park and Sphere were pretty great.
It's just that his characters lack personality at times.
>>
>>9360188
state of fear

he shits on the environmentalist weirdo libtards
>>
i've mostly stuck to explicitly 'literary' stuff, but lately i've had the urge to check out some pulpier material in an effort to attain a more holistic understanding of what literature can accomplish. i've been told that crichton writes top-tier pulp. would you agree, and if so what would you recommend?
>>
>>9360188
I actually remember when Chrichton died.

I was glad because I was so sick of the shit he produced.
>What if science.....but then it goes cRaZy!
>>
>>9361470
Careful with that edge.
>>
>>9361486
Careful with that pleb taste.
>>
>>9361463

You could say he writes pulp but he tries to make it serious, his dialogue can be a little robotic sometimes but he is very creative with his concepts.

He usually recycles the idea of science going wrong and uses author avatars like Malcolm to explain it.

He tends to use scientific jargon.
>>
>>9361463

This >>9362097

Also you should start with easy stuff like Jurassic Park, Westworld and Congo, then go deep into more obscure stuff
>>
>>9360188
The book version of Lex was one of the most annoying characters in fiction

>Let's make a brat, who learns nothing, who contributes nothing, who only exists to create dangerous situations

Just have Grant and Tim bond
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.