[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

House of Leaves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: House_of_leaves.jpg (19KB, 330x435px) Image search: [Google]
House_of_leaves.jpg
19KB, 330x435px
Is this any good?

Is my time better spent solving some crossword puzzles?
>>
>>9359709
>Is my time better spent solving some crossword puzzles?

Yes. 15 across: Irish revolutionary
>>
i have a good board for you, it's reddit.com/r/books go check it out
>>
>>9359764

Is it really that bad?
>>
>>9359830
it's the literary equivalent of one of those SONIC.EXE games where things get out of control and are like 3spooky5me

i mean, i've read it, it was an entertaining afternoon, but i also have watched the entire avgn series and that's too shameful to discuss on /lit/, so i feel the same with this book
>>
>>9359855
Did you actually read it in an afternoon or are you meming? I feel like I read so slow compared to everyone else on this board.
>>
>>9359989
i'm on the extremely fast end of stuff, it also makes me bored really easily which is why i'm here on 4chan

don't feel bad about your reading pace
>>
the book is good

If you like terror, it will provide that. Obviously, it's no classic and guys here will bash on everyone. Don't expect much from the board.

There are some riddles here and there, various dead ends, and some very slow moving chapters. I would recommend it because it's a one of a kind experience but once you finish it has nothing else to provide.
>>
>>9359709
i wont lie, i loved the book. it's a bit weird because of the ending (wont spoil anything) but the rest of the book was enjoyable to say the least
>>
>>9359830
The book has 3 big problems
1: it's trying way too hard to be postmodern, and to no real effect
2: one of the stories is actually bad (it takes up a good third of the book)
3: the good story rips of Kubrick's the shining to a nearly absurd degree, even down to the motif of mazes
>>
>>9359989
Reading speed is to /lit/ what penis size is for the rest of the world. Everybody lies about it.
>>
OP there's gonna be very few anons who've actually read it, and the rest will simply say it's shit.
>>
>>9360135
>>9359709
I've read it and it is shit. Okay, maybe not shit but not good.
>>
>>9360139
I haven't read it. It's just what /lit/ usually does with recent literature.
>>
>>9360100

> 1: it's trying way too hard to be postmodern, and to no real effect
Hmm... I'll take it anyway. My guess is the format may keep me interested throughout.

> 2: one of the stories is actually bad (it takes up a good third of the book)
Awww man. Now I went from mediocre anticipation to anxiety. Fuck you anon :~(

> 3: the good story rips of Kubrick's the shining to a nearly absurd degree, even down to the motif of mazes
Well, luckily for me I'm an uncultivated fucktard who hasn't seen The Shining yet.
>>
File: IMG_5461.jpg (70KB, 750x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5461.jpg
70KB, 750x539px
I have it, along with all the other meme books. Someday.
>>
I love it, but it does have its flaws, and I think my highschool nostalgia for it may make me a little biased, I really do like the circular logic puzzles that are hidden between the lines, which really ties in with the labrynth theme of the book
>>
>>9359709
you can skip it, only real reason i read it was for something to do on the train. it was alright. it drags for fuckign ever though, i've never accused a book of this before but there you go. just read notes from underground or something fuck
>>
>>9360205
>Hmm... I'll take it anyway. My guess is the format may keep me interested throughout.
How about you read the shit that rips off? And was done better? B.S. Johnson, Gass' Tunnel, Federman, Cummings and million other poets did everything this faggot did years before.
It's an abomination.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.