[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retaining EVERYTHING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: girlswhocode.png (81KB, 1091x568px) Image search: [Google]
girlswhocode.png
81KB, 1091x568px
>start reading book (non-fiction, theoretical / technical )
>Let's say it's a 300 page book
>Decide to read 50 pages a day so that I will finish it on day 6
>Stick to Schedule, much of the information goes in one eye and out the other

OR

>read it MUCH slower (10 pages a day) but retain a lot more of the information

Can anything be done to fix this? Or is it the equivalent of trying to consume all of your calories for the next few days in one sitting.

It doesn't seem to be a matter of memory capacity.

>In the amount of time it takes to read 50 pages of book A, instead read 10 pages each of Books A, B, C, D & E (all similar in density)
>Retain about the same amount of info from each
>>
spaced repetition
>>
>>9357802
I read about 130 something pages of catcher in the rye today and i could probably tell you everything that happened
You just have autism brah
>>
>>9357802
Depends of the difficulty of the book you're reading. Just because you can remember everything you saw at first glance on the first 50 pages of Harry Potter doesn't mean you will
also do it with Hamlet or Moby Dick.
>>
>>9357972
That book is extremely easy to follow. I read it in two sittings.
>>
>>9357972

You couldn't even comprehend the first line of greentext.

Enjoy your storybooks
>>
Just read chunks then repeat to yourself what you've covered
>>
I've never found it makes a difference. Read it fast and read it again later if you really want to retain it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.