[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is stealing immoral if its out of necessity and from someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1410668088222.jpg (106KB, 680x506px) Image search: [Google]
1410668088222.jpg
106KB, 680x506px
Is stealing immoral if its out of necessity and from someone who has too much anyway?
>>
nope, private property is an imaginary invention to keep you cucked and starving
>>
>morality
Is this the 18th century?
>>
>>9356565
Depends what you mean by immoral. By my definition, no. Anything that is actually necessary in and of itself and not merely "necessary if you want X" cannot be given a moral value, only an existential one.
>>
>>9356577
So you don't mind if I take your stuff? Cool!
>>
>>9356565
Not for you or anyone else to decide who has "too much"
>>
>>9356654
Im as poor as you, brother. We must unite to take stuff from people who have too much of it, so that everyones has the same amount of stuff.
>>
>someone who has too much

That computer you've got there isn't essential to your survival, OP. I have decided that it's too much wealth for one individual to possess, so I'm going to be taking that from you. Problem?
>>
>>9356654
Go ahead and try, but I reserve the right to kill you and your family in retaliation.
>>
>>9356565

I would say you have more 'right' to life than a rich fuck has the 'right' to a second yacht. So no, provided you take only what is needed and no more.
>>
>>9356654
personal property and private are two separate things
>>
>>9356663
Kek
>>
>>9356735
/thread
>>
>>9356733
I'd much rather take your stuff.
>>
Is 'having too much' inherently immortal?

If yes: why? Is any private property immortal then? Who gets to decide what counts as 'just enough' and 'too much' then?

If not, then the person who 'has too much' should be considered a moral human being. Now answer, is it moral to steal (cause harm/trouble) from a moral person?
>>
>>9356565
>t. Rodion Raskolnikov
>>
File: stirner.png (38KB, 196x341px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.png
38KB, 196x341px
>>9356565
Whoever knows how to take, to defend, the thing, to him belongs property. What I have in my power, that is my own. So long as I assert myself as holder, I am the proprietor of the thing. I do not step shyly back from your property, but look upon it always as my property, in which I respect nothing. Pray do the like with what you call my property!
>>
>>9356565
Yes but you should do it anyway.
>>9356654
No he does mind, and in fact now he's going to take your stuff.
>>
File: 1491208090747.png (473KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491208090747.png
473KB, 600x800px
>>9357807
>>
No

But it also isn't immoral for the person being stolen to cut your stealing hand as long as it is on the exact moment of stealing
>>
>>9356565
“Ask for work. If they don't give you work, ask for bread. If they do not give you work or bread, then take bread.” - Emma Goldman
>>
>>9357840
“Ask for work. If they don't give you work, ask for bread. If they do not give you work or bread, then set yourself on fire in a public place" - Günther Hamann
>>
>>9356756
muh means of production distinction
>>
>>9356565
Yes, but still somewhat comprehensible.
>>
>>9357840

>Goldman
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.