[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the most perfect piece of literature to ever exist.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 9780393972832-us.jpg (61KB, 304x500px) Image search: [Google]
9780393972832-us.jpg
61KB, 304x500px
This is the most perfect piece of literature to ever exist.
>>
>>9356296
ok
>>
>>9356296
>Not posting Arion Press edition
pleb
>>
File: C5_Z1iAWUAAfNUc.jpg (98KB, 960x721px) Image search: [Google]
C5_Z1iAWUAAfNUc.jpg
98KB, 960x721px
Never really thought of this before, but does MD follow the hero's journey?
>>
>>9356448
No. Moby-Dick is a really odd sort of story. Besides, who would the hero be? Ahab? Ishmael? Starbuck?
>>
>>9356453
You.
>>
>>9356453
Elijah
>>
>>9356296
Is that the best edition?
>>
>>9356453
I feel like the beauty of it is that any of them can be seen as the hero, or their own heroes for their own stories, as well as Queeqeg, to add him.
>>
>attempt to read this
>20 pages in, he's still talking about the sea
fuck off
>>
>>9356804
Not OP, but yeah.
>>
>>9356854
>picks up a book about a whale and the sea
>stops reading it because it is about a whale and the sea

I bet you read for plot, too.
>>
>>9356865
no whale, only metaphors about the sea and water
gay af
>>
>>9356879
pleb
>>
>>9356854
you were never going to make it.
>>
>it's another moby dick thread
>>
>>9357056
>he still hasn't read it
>>
>>9357059
>implying I havent read more of Melville than you
>>
>>9357073
try me
>>
>ishmael getting wifed By queeqeg
>secret dune coon harpooners
>literally lots fave book of choice

Fuckin lit gay af
>>
>>9357144
favorite short story and why?

>inb4 bartlememe
>>
>>9356453
ishmaelis is the meek inheriting the earth, the raving extremism of Ahab leads to madness and death; Ahabs obsession is the 'villain' of the novel
>>
Is elijah some sort of prophet?
>>
The only piece of American literature worth reading.
>>
>>9358018
>literally named after the prophet in the book of Kings that fucked with Ahab, king of Israel

Gee, I don't know
>>
>>9358034
this desu
>>
>>9357225
Not him but I'm ten chapters into The Confidence Man for a class.

Holy fuck it's incredibly amusing, everyone's getting conned and swindled constantly, and it feels like I, the reader, am also getting conned and swindled. The book feels like a massive shell game, and I'm actually a little worried that I'll be a sucker once I get to the end.
>>
>>9358034
hawthorne
>>
>>9358034
Hawthorne, Thoreau and Faulkner are all great.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.