[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it, you like Stephen King.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7880.jpg (44KB, 250x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7880.jpg
44KB, 250x424px
Admit it, you like Stephen King.
>>
I want this hand when i'm going to nofap :)
>>
desu i feel pretty emasculated knowing normies read these 800 page horror novels as i plod through a 200 page novella
>>
Long Walk is fun, Stand was okay I guess, everything else is kind of trash
>>
>>9353199
>reading Stephen King when Ligotti exists
might as well read Koontz at that point, fucking christ
>>
From his newer stuff I really enjoyed Revival and 11/22/63, but I'm just a sucker for any halfway decent time travel story.
>>
I've only read The Stand. I made the stupid mistake of purchasing the extra long, extended cut, which just extended the wholly uneventful ending even further.

Lately I've been looking for something easy I might read on a plane and I've kept coming back to King. With IT coming out soon, I may see what the fuss is about with that.
>>
Haven't read all that much of him, but i liked the girl who loved Tom Gordon
>>
No I fucking don't, reading King is what I imagine having ADHD is like. 2fast4me

>Two pages into The Stand
>Already know the backstories and random anecdotes about every person at the gas stop

I honestly don't understand. If I read it with my inner voice I am required to do complete 180s in tone with every new sentence and if I shut it off and read properly I keep wondering why I should care about the inane details of doomed characters and why they're written so casually and poorly. Dickens does the same thing but it is always thematically relevant when he wanks on about irrelevant shit. Pynchon does the same thing but it's always funny or ironic or sad. King just wants to tell me about the cat this guy owns in the exact same prose as I would tell you about my boring cat and I don't fucking care.

And it's fucking infuriating because normally I'd just brush it off and say 'it's for plebs' but it makes me feel inadequate. Plebshit is plebshit because it isn't challenging or rewarding. The point is that anyone can read plebshit but you shouldn't. This is the first plebshit that I find immensely hard to read. Chad and Stacey are reading door stoppers and I can't make it ten pages in without sperging out.
>>
File: the-monkey-stephen-king-cover.jpg (192KB, 650x820px) Image search: [Google]
the-monkey-stephen-king-cover.jpg
192KB, 650x820px
>>9353199
My dad has this book and as a kid I was always freaked out by the cover. That and Skeleton Crew always freaked me out.
>>
>>9353546

I enjoyed but saying that there was a trailer park on the other side of that swamp she avoided was a cheap trick. He did this a few times in the later DT books too.

SK has an awful habit for writing something to the effect of "Look at them being happy, they never saw each other or were happy again".
>>
File: mr_mercedes.jpg (400KB, 960x1473px) Image search: [Google]
mr_mercedes.jpg
400KB, 960x1473px
Anyone on here read this? I'm sort of interested on his take on crime fiction. Worth picking up a cheap paperback of, or no?
>>
>>9353199
wtf now this thread makes me hate stephen king
>>
>>9353515
This. I don't even dislike King as such, just vastly prefer Ligotti, Padgett, Negarestani, even Clive Barker and Koji Suzuki.
>>
Reading Duma Key right now. I always enjoy his characters.
>>
>>9353496
Long walk was pretty good.
>>
File: The_Stand_Uncut.jpg (56KB, 401x599px) Image search: [Google]
The_Stand_Uncut.jpg
56KB, 401x599px
>800+ pages
>went away with nothing

haven't been back since
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.