[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /lit/ never recommend poetry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: hayisraeli_cover(2).jpg (20KB, 309x480px) Image search: [Google]
hayisraeli_cover(2).jpg
20KB, 309x480px
Why does /lit/ never recommend poetry?
>>
>>9353150
>lit is mostly monolingual
>uncultured plebs
>poetry is shit in translation
>>
It's shit for fags.

Also /lit/ never stops cumming over Rimbaud, Neruda and Leopardi.
>>
>>9353154
>poetry is shit in translation
/lit/ never heard of Oscar Wild, Shakespeare, Byron, Whitman, Poe...
>>
poetry was a big thing in Greece, about four thousand years ago. it's declined since then.

there is not a single professional poet on the planet who doesn't sustain themself through other work, although they will proudly proclaim "i'm a poet", even if not asked.
>>
Horatius at the Bridge and the Ballad of Reading Gaol are my favorite. Never been a lover of poetry although I do find poets like Frost and Whitman "pop" poems to be enjoyable.
>>
>>9353631
Poetry remained a pretty big fucking deal until the Second World War. You look like you don't know what you're talking about, don't like the modern poetry and have to proclaim your dislike of it, even if not asked.
>>
>>9353631
>Greece
>about four thousand years ago
Anon...
>>
>>9353631
rap is poetry you retard
>>
>>9355351
>rap
tfw most people on /lit/ hate rap, even though there are plenty of rappers that are better at writing than they will ever be
>>
>>9353631
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the French mainly known for their poetry(as opposed to say Germans with their philosophy)?
>>
>>9355351
rhyming poetry is dead and only used by plebes.
>>
>>9355418
Non rhyming poetry is just prose with stupid formatting.
>>
>>9355418
Her mama done walked in, but it's too big
She can't hide the motherfucker
Even if she the baddest of motherfuker
Man even if she minus the motherfucker
Join in get the mileage motherfucker
I ain't gon' disguise it motherfucker
Shop at Saks Fifth, flow on datpiff
Yeah I'm that swift, ask her and him
Yeah add somethin', put a bone in them
Put a choker on, let 'em choke on em
All my jewelry small, yeah, they got it on
Daughter sexy and my son got the bra
Spit racks on my son and his squad
That a boy, never play with tards
-Young Thug

Never say rhyming poetry is dead
>>
>>9355442
whoa... homer btfo
>>
>>9355432
>Shakespeare, Milton, Homer, Beowulf and Gilgamesh are just prose with stupid formatting
>>
I take a very hipster approach to poetry. I enjoy it and read quite a bit, but refuse to share any of it because I found it. It's mine. I'm not letting people ruin it for me like they've done with so many other things.
>>
>>9355652
shakespeare rhymes sometimes, and it really adds to the overall effect.
>>
>>9355411
Descartes, Sartre and Bergson would like to be considered relevant.
>>
>>9355652
Shakespeare rhymed.

But the rest, yeah.
>>
>>9355673
I have some really rare poetry that you'd probably like, anon. I hoard it, though. It's mine. You'll never see it, but know that you're really missing out.
>>
>>9355818
Likewise.
>>
>>9355781
At least 90% of his dramatic texts are in blank verse.
>>
>>9355945
Drama is not poetry.
>>
>>9353154
>it's another "Yuropoor tries to deny the objective superiority of English literature in favor of Literally Who from Whereinthefuckshinstein" episode
>>
>>9355972
/tv/ or /v/, my friend
>>
>>9355959
Drama in verse is poetry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetry#Dramatic_poetry
>>
>>9353166
I assume you've never read any of Wilde's works in Spanish. A translation of a poem is never as good as the poem in the original language.

t. English-Spanish translator
>>
>>9355959
>Drama is not poetry.

This is the level of /lit/. Disgusting.
>>
>>9353166
>Oscar Wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJULk0f9xA
>>
>>9353150
That cover is extremly jew and funny.
>>
>>9355351
RETARDS
ATTEMPTING
POETRY
>>
>>9357105
Nice acrostic poem, friend.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.