[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should i read first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 20170407_165412.jpg (881KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170407_165412.jpg
881KB, 1920x1080px
What should i read first
>>
the bible
>>
>>9352196
invisible man. When you're done come back and make a thread about it. i wanna know if its good
>>
File: 1467917303949.png (45KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1467917303949.png
45KB, 950x534px
>>9352196
start with savage detectives, then read invisible man, then throw the corrections in the trash where it belongs :^)
>>
>>9352196
Bolano.
>>
>>9352196
I unironically really enjoyed The Corrections, though it is a pretty easy read, and has relatively large font and lots of dialogue. You could tear through it pretty quickly, so maybe read it first before getting into the two, denser, more time consuming ones
>>
>>9352280
Not OP, but I started it yesterday. Three chapters in and it's already great, very entertaining actually.
>>
>>9352280
Its easily the best of those three. if you're on the fence about it just read the prologue.
>>
>Book Oprah's Club
>>
>>9352196
are you fucking retarded read it in spanish
>>
>>9352422
It goes downhill fast. Baldwin doesn't know what register he's working in, and after he forgets about Kafkaesque surrealism that makes the first half of the book so compelling it just turns into another exercise in boilerplate social awareness.

>>9352196
None of them, you picked three crap books. Try again.
>>
>>9352596
>Baldwin
>>
>>9352289
Heed this boy.
>>
>>9352196
>book oprah's club
is there a way to get this version but without that on it?
>>
>>9352196
Franzen is garbage, Bolano is genre-tier, and Ellison is great. Obviously read Ellison first, drop Franzen altogether, and read Bolano when you want to be cozy.
>>
>>9352196

my diary
>>
Ok Anons, won't bother making a thread and this seems acceptable to post here:
What should I read next out of these:
>The Iliad
>The Odyssey
>The Waves (Woolf)
>The Master and Margarita
>Sons and Lovers
>The Divine Comedy
I just finished Ovid's metamorphoses which I highly enjoyed.
>>
>>9353190
>The Iliad
>The Odyssey
>The Divine Comedy

Order for the rest doesn't matter but I personally enjoy M&M more than the Waves and haven't read Sons and Lovers
>>
>>9352196

I read 300 pages of The Savage Detectives and then kind of went off it. It had good prose, but it meandered a bit too much for me
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.