[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phenomenology of spirit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What are the absolutely required works for fully understanding pic related?
>>
pic related
>>
Hegel's Ladder.
>>
>>9350861
You need to be familiar with the history of metaphysical thought (ie. Plato through to Hegel) through a few introductory texts, preferably at least two with contrasting approaches (for example, chronological vs question-oriented).

That is all that is absolutely required, but you are going to have a bad time if you don't read a few other philosophical works. I recommend healthy sections of Meno, The Republic (Plato), Metaphysics (Aristotle), Discourse on Metaphysics, Monadology (Leibniz), Discourse on Method, Meditations on First Philosophy (Descartes), An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding (Hume), An Essay Concerning Human Understanding (Locke), and ESPECIALLY the Critique or Pure Reason (Locke).
>>
>>9352290
What about Kant, I haven't read the book, but I know he directly addresses Kant in a few passages
>>
My diary, desu.
>>
>>9352529
Sorry, when I said "ESPECIALLY the Critique or Pure Reason (Locke)," I meant to write Kant as he is the person who actually wrote that book. So yes, ESPECIALLY Kant for the reason you mentioned.
>>
>>9350861
>fully understanding it
nobody can do this
>>
>>9352675
i read all of them and still im afraid, lazy, to read phenomenology, is it really that bad/hard? i liked kant, but considering all the shit hegel takes im left wondering if it'd be worth the investment.
>>
>>9353140
hegel is a absolute genius, read him
>>
>>9353140
Hegel is difficult, but If you've managed to get through Kant and all the others, you will be fine. Without them, you might understand some of the book, but not enough to make the effort worthwhile. If it is a motivation thing, then I get you. You have your whole life to read books, don't feel like you need to do this one if you aren't interested.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.