[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this regarded as a masterpiece of literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg (30KB, 229x350px) Image search: [Google]
CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg
30KB, 229x350px
why is this regarded as a masterpiece of literature?
>>
>>9347881
Read a single sentence in it bitch
>>
>>9347881
It's not. It's just well done genre fiction.
>>
>>9347881

as much as people call mccarthy a meme, you have to admit that his works are far above most of the stuff published these days
>>
>>9347881
Blood Meridian parodies Moby Dick and Paradise Lost in some extremely interesting ways. It's entertaining. It was the western to end all westerns. The ending is some sick philosophical shit. Finally, the prose is masterful.
>>
> why do you hate me /lit? You used to like me. Why don't you like me? Is it because Oprah likes me?
>>
McCarthy's main sin is getting too up his ass with his 'unique' punctuation style

AND AND AND AND AND AND AND
>>
>>9347881
im bad at technology. If you tell me how to share a file from jstor I'll link a 30 page essay that should clear up some doubts
>>
>>9348174

I had a professor who liked McCarthy. We read All the Pretty Horses...I remember counting over 20 ANDs in one sentence.
Legendary.
>>
>>9347881
The metaphysical elements still seem largely misunderstood here on /lit/.
There are moments of incredible beauty in their world, but like the previous person who said "Paradise Lost"...the perspective on the beautiful in the book seem to come from Lucifer's envious stare at God's creation.

I don't really know how to explain it, The Judge is not a perspective you ought to relate to, you see things throughout the book from the perspective of The Boy...or the human.
>>
>>9348166
It's a brain thing.
>>
>>9349014
The judge is a human aspect though, he takes form metaphysically through the submition of humans such as in glanton's gang
>>
>>9349735
submission
I'm not retarded I swear
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.