[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This book is a meme.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 484.jpg (97KB, 935x1201px) Image search: [Google]
484.jpg
97KB, 935x1201px
This book is a meme.
>>
>>9346549
Why?
>>
>>9346557
Because the author is David Foster Wallace bad. His writing is plain, his grammar is simple, he uses purple prose and the author likely has some sort of thought disorder to include over 400 characters and several erudite math terms. It's not an abstrusive dictionary like IJ is, it's just boring.
>>
>>9346570
>purple prose
When will this meme end? Literally every classic has what would be considered purple prose in it.
>>
>>9346549
Yeah, but can you name another book that has an aerial pie fight up in the clouds.

Pinecone books are the wonderful collision of academic erudition and sophmoric humor. Why don't you like it?
>>
>>9346549
so?
>>
>>9346549
You do realize what the actual un-digi-appropriated definition of 'meme' is right?

Use the google and discover
>>
>>9346576
Responding to criticism with criticism is a logical fallacy. This book suffers from purple prose, like IJ and it's more evident here than other classics. To say Gravity's rainbow is a good book is being OK with the ramblings in the book. This book did nothing worthy of almost being awarded a Pulitzer.
>>
>>9346576
That's not necessarily true there señor. The first example that comes to mind is The Metamorphosis—very sparse prose that sticks mainly to concrete events. While I'm sure there a few others, I'd have to say that you're generally correct; can't ignore the exceptions to rules, especially when making categorical statements.
>>
>>9346570
You've obviously never read it.
>>
The part when the guy ate shit was kinda disgusting desu. I've seen people eating shit and it wasnt as disgusting as reading about someone eating shit. Wasap wit dat?
>>
>>9346895
Imagination > Reality
>>
>>9346601
1) You are responding to criticism with criticism, you fucking retard
2) You don't know what purple prose means, you fucking retard
3) You fucking retard
>>
>>9346570
>His writing is plain
>he uses purple prose
>>
Am I a pussy if I can only read one or two chapters max a day
>>
>>9346570
>his dick is small
>it stretches my pussy
>>
>>9346570
It's like you read my mind senpai
jk get out fag lol
>>
/lit/ is fucked up cause it tells me about all these books and then keeps talking about them to the point where i don't want to read them
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.