[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I read it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Confederacy_of_dunces_cover.jpg (85KB, 295x453px) Image search: [Google]
Confederacy_of_dunces_cover.jpg
85KB, 295x453px
Should I read it?
>>
The first couple of chapters are hilerious but it runs out of steam quickly. I'd say give it a shot but if you find yourself bored with it at some point you might as well drop it.
>>
>>9346188
dont listen to other anon. If you actually connect with it it will be an easy, fun, and rewarding read. Enjoy OP
>>
File: 2gays.png (319KB, 954x599px) Image search: [Google]
2gays.png
319KB, 954x599px
its ok for being a rip off of yurope
>>
It runs it's jokes into the ground, but the jokes are pretty good. Kind of a tedious book but can be fun.
>>
>>9346188
This is an example of a book this board memed me into reading, and I am thankful for it.
>>
>>9346188
I loved it, funniest book I've read in a long time
>>
>>9347011
I bought all of his books... I regret it. Dude doesnt write very well.
>>
It's funny. You'll like it.
>>
People say that Pynchon is "stuck in the 60s," but holy hell, Pynchon has nothing on this guy
>>
>>9346188
Yes; it's not a hard read and the absurdity and absolutely brilliance of the Ignatius character justify the entirety.
>>
I'm new to this board and read Confederacy of Dunces by accident last year.

I highly recommend reading it. Ignatius J Reilly's characterization really rings true more than ever in an era of /r9k/ and /pol/ sanctimony (I'm a /pol/lack but even I think the crusader LARPing is dumb)

Myra Minkoff is also another character ahead of her time. She's the SJW sex positive feminist type.

The whole story is woven wonderfully to make a brilliant farce. My smile got wider every time Mancuso was suffering in the background and everytime the trail of Reilly's destruction was reported by another point of view character.

I felt really sad when this book was over. I read the intro from the publisher and new the author killer himself and that his work ended with this. When I realised how good it was and how scare the writing was from here on... I read the book slower. I saved readings for special occasions or to reward myself for reading shit I found harder to read.
>>
>>9347011
>Thomas's
>>
Ignatius J. Reilly is the incarnation of /lit/. Read it, Anon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.