[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/ A friend if mine considers themselves an avid reader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: main_5books.jpg (100KB, 530x300px) Image search: [Google]
main_5books.jpg
100KB, 530x300px
Hey /lit/

A friend if mine considers themselves an avid reader and recently lost a brother and a close friend recently so they're going through a rough time. I was hoping to get some book recommendations with a loss of a sibling as a central theme, preferably fiction though. Alternatively any books that you think is incredibly atmospheric and easy to get lost in that world would also do.

I could not think of many books like that off the top of my head and admittedly I have not done much recreational reading as of late

pic semi related, going to go hiking with them find a scenic place to read and gift the book to them

Thanks in advance kind anons
>>
why prose when there is poetry
>>
File: 220px-Shackover.jpg (29KB, 220x342px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Shackover.jpg
29KB, 220x342px
I think unless he's a fedora-tier atheist this is gonna work.
>>
Hamlet
>>
The book of dead
>>
>>9346305
atque in perpetuum frater ave atque vale
>>
>>9345975
>A friend if mine considers themselves an avid reader and recently lost a brother and a close friend recently so they're going through a rough time. I was hoping to get some book recommendations with a loss of a sibling as a central theme, preferably fiction though
If I sibling died I wouldn't want to be gifted books about the death of siblings desu.
>>
>>9346826
this
>>
Anything by Chris Adrian. He lost a sibling in his early twenties and most of what he writes has some element that deals with that and he's a modern 'fabulist' so he has rich worlds to get lost in.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.