[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading on PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: read-on-the-computer-screen.jpg (75KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
read-on-the-computer-screen.jpg
75KB, 450x299px
Best epub/pdf reader to read on PC ?
Also any general tips ? close the curtains / dim the lights ..
I already use flux but i have no reader to use.
>>
File: ink.jpg (93KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
ink.jpg
93KB, 650x488px
>>9345725
Print out each page

>he doesn't even print his own books
What has /lit/ become?
>>
Reading epub in a screen is a fucking mess dude.
Best PDF? Evince
Best epub/mobi? Hard question. I will say Kindle for pc, but I don't recommend using it.
>>
i use sumatra for pdfs and the firefox epub reader for epubs

and idk, i used a laptop with an opaque screen thinking that made a difference, but recently changed it and i dont feel any difference.

just light the place as much as you can, naturally if possible.

>tfw so used to if that i cant read on paper anymore
>tfw buy a book, scan it, and read it on screen
>>
>>9345751
Why don't you recommend it ?
And yeah i gotta use a shitty computer monitor :(

>>9345754
So basically more light the better ?
>>
>>9345725
friendo, consider a e-reader for reading, maybe It's a idiosyncracy but I cannot read more than 30~40 minutes on a laptop screen or in a similar on a IPad, It causes eye straining, and after some time I get headaches giving the day`s reading its end. Try with someone that has It, or go to some story and testdrive it.

Today I only use non-e-reader when I can't find a .epub convertible version, commonly a old scanned book that Calibre is bad for conversion.
>>
>>9345791
what kind of e-reader do you have ?
>>
>>9345762
Because it requires an Amazon account always logged in to read, and I'm very suspicious they keep a record of every pirated book you read.
>>
>>9345823
You're afraid that one day, when you become a renowned writer, amazon will getchya? Look at that faggot, he didn't even buy his books
>>
>>9345880
I'm affraid of the totalitarian state.
>>
>>9345892
I was trying to help you, Winston. All you had to do was say yes, maybe add a smiley face at the end. but now
>>
>>9345725
>reading on a PC
If it's not blog or an article, then it shouldn't be read on a computer screen, bruv.
>>
>>9346014
Why not? People these days already spend obscene amounts of time at the computer daily
>>
>>9346023
>People these days already spend obscene amounts of time at the computer daily
That alone is a good argument against it. But beyond that, anything that is read for longer than those examples will just be hell on your eyes, ruin your sleep, etc. Not to mention that we tend to go into Internet mode when on the compute, i.e., we scan more than actually read. You retain less. A novel a should be savored, not inhaled.
>>
File: image_15.jpg (235KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
image_15.jpg
235KB, 450x600px
>>9345725
Use a tablet, is comfy af
>>
/g/ here, you only need MuPDF to read epubs, pdfs and even cbz, and is available everywhere

There is also Document Viewer for formats like djvu and Bubble for cbr, if you have an android tablet (which is the best decision you can make) you should download it via F-Droid which is the securest app store there is

Also this >>9346118
>>
>>9346014
>>9346036
Don't listen to this troll or you'll end spending less time reading and more on the internet
>>
>>9345725
If you're going to insist on reading on your monitor, just accept the headaches and failing eyesight.
>>
>>9347604
But that is wrong you stupid

Nobody uses CRT monitors anymore, we use flat screens
>>
Ice cream reader is very good
>>
>>9347618
Flat screens will still fuck up your eyes if you spend hours at a time on them, especially in poor lighting. Physical books will too, but not quite as quickly with good lighting.
>>
>>9349214
There is a couple of tricks that help like using an app called Dimmer to lower the brightness of the tablet

But yeah, reading with a lamp nearby helps whether is a book or an ebook
>>
>>9349214
near work does not fuck up your vision, lack of natural light does. so in theory if you mainly read outside or with sunlight, you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>9345725
Just buy an ereader anon, don't fuck your eyes
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.