[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOOKS about DRUGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Junkie -William Burroughs.jpg (619KB, 1600x1286px) Image search: [Google]
Junkie -William Burroughs.jpg
619KB, 1600x1286px
I read Junkie by William Burroughs recently and I liked it. Naked Lunch wasn't as interesting for me.

Recommend me some books about drugs, /lit/.
Biographies about people who were addicted to drugs count too.
>>
File: 20170406_121705.jpg (864KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
20170406_121705.jpg
864KB, 1536x2048px
The classic, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater. Coincidentally, mine has one of the ugliest covers I've ever seen.
>>
>>9344192
Thank you. To the list it goes
>>
>>9344192
is that any good? what's it about? I keep seeing it in mybook store
>>
>>9344251
>Confessions of an English Opium-Eater (1821) is an autobiographical account written by Thomas De Quincey, about his laudanum (opium and alcohol) addiction and its effect on his life.
It's very good in my opinion, I'd definitely recommend buying it, it's probably cheap.
>>
>>9344176
Cains Book
Trainspotting
Jesus' Son
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 300x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 300x460px
>>9344176
>>
>>9344251
It's a fantastic read. Quincy had a very harsh life and the way he depicts the lowly underbelly of England (starvation, homelessness, prostitution) as well as his immense feverish addiction is just phenomenal.
>>
>>9344176
>>9344176
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas is a given. ( Most things HST, Screwjack )
Almost Transparent blue, in Japan with drugs and decadence.
The electric kool-aid acid test, hippies, streams of consciousness, okay but not more.
A Scanner darkly, Philip K Dock, good one.
The Doors of perception, I think it's a bit overrated but people like it.
Cosmic Banditos, just weed but very funny.
The Kitchen readings ( Short stories about HST from other people ), fun read.
Welcome to the NHK, about a hikkiokomorie ( Japanese NEET ) about is useless life and a fair amount of drugs. Probably more funny is you watch/watched anime.

There is a picture with recommended reading about drugs.
>>
File: 1340327360957.jpg (990KB, 1096x1876px) Image search: [Google]
1340327360957.jpg
990KB, 1096x1876px
This picture.

And didn't grade "Almost transparent blue", not very good.
>>
>>9344321
Thank you very much for the chart, I hadn't seen this one before.
>>9344316
Thanks!
>>9344266
>>9344280
I'll look them up
>>
do they have to be about real drugs? Bruce Sterling's "Involution Ocean" is about some people addicted to a drug called Syncophine which can only be extracted from the internal organs of the Nullaquan Dust-Whale.
>>
File: 1462120818738.jpg (126KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462120818738.jpg
126KB, 720x720px
Are there any books that deal with the drug escapades of autistic people with no friends who have no contact with drug culture outside of chans and reddit and pursue their hedonistic impulses in social retardation?

When I look at the media it seems that every drug user is a social butterfly with many friends and rarely, if ever, even does drugs on their own, so I wonder whether this sub-culture, if you can call a number of isolated islands a culture, is known to the world and has been represented in art.
>>
>>9344412
Mmm it doesnt have to be about real drugs... But it has to be good if it isnt real.
>>
>>9344588

i wouldn't have recommended it if it was shit, anon.
>>
>>9344479
Taipei is kinda like that.
>>
Anyone read " the island " by Huxley?
>>
>>9344321
>not very good.
i would have to respectfully disagree with you

also, you should add opiates to Transparent Blue, if i recall they did heroin a ton of times throughout it
>>
peter pan

it's about a little boy who never grew up
>>
>>9347349
That's reasonable. I will look it up anon.
>>
>>9347366
I read that, for other reasons, and it's still too social.
>>
>>9348912
Maybe its because drugs make you social to some extent? Or because to get them you have to socialize? Or because people addicted to X are attracted to people addicted to the same thing?
>>
>>9349075
None of those apply to the "autist loner doing drugs" scenario. You can't spin your drug use into personal relationships, because you don't know anyone else who does drugs, don't know any dealers, and are not close enough to anyone to tell them about it in the first place.
>>
>>9349085
Hmm I see
>>
Also, Steppenwolf was in that chart that anon posted... and I dont recall a single instance in which a character of the book shoots heroin or opium or anything........
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.