[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

philosophical fight club

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: C8pcI3qXsAAo3JY.jpg-large.jpg (438KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C8pcI3qXsAAo3JY.jpg-large.jpg
438KB, 1448x2048px
>Warriors, Philosophers, Brothers

Philosophical Fight Club combines the warrior’s cultivation of courage and the philosopher’s pursuit of truth with a brotherly sense of camaraderie.

PFC meets once a week at an undisclosed location in Toronto. Each fight night consists of several kinds of verbal fights, the intention of which is to bring men into conflict with themselves and, by this means, enabling them to discover hard and vital truths about themselves.

PFC is highly selective. Each new candidate is put through a rigorous testing process to determine whether he’s fit to join.

If you’re interested, we’ll take a good, hard look at you.

https://philosophicalfight.club/
>>
This is fucking stupid
>>
>>9343081
I'm OP and I agree. Still though, the language is amazingly un-ironic.

‘A Moral Equivalent of War’

What therefore is, James asked, a “moral equivalent of war,” and what can masculinity be for us today? Honesty demands admitting that we don’t really know what it is while refusing both to go back to manhood before all this, to some fanciful, nostalgic restoration of bygone terms, and to go forward with things as they are: with the choice between sensitive, fragile creatures susceptible to harm and foolish brutes callous and contemptuous of all they encounter. No, a rough and wiser beast, tested by conflict, hardened by contest, hungry for truth, yearns to be born.

That Rough Beast is Philosophical Fight Club

PFC works by turning that war inward. It’s an arena in which we engage in loving combat in search of the truth. A forum where status, position, and wealth are checked at the door in favor of posing dangerous questions whose rough and sharp point is to make us harder, hardier, tougher. A ruthless fight in words, punching into the bowels of life and death and terror. A home for the level-headed yet passionate exploration of masculinity that’s not just livable but actually lived in our time. It’s full-blooded without being bloody, forceful yet not cruel, a shout pressing you to stand up for yourself in lieu of limply tapping out.

Through the brotherhood of PFC, we rediscover that masculine power within us, transforming it into truthful speech expressing bigger, vaster life.

Are you ready to fight for the truth?
>>
>>9343075

ya sounds like you're trying to attract potential victims to participate in a homosexual snuff film buddy
>>
File: 1491125670261.jpg (8KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491125670261.jpg
8KB, 400x300px
How is this not the male equivalent of Selfie Culture? Undeservedly patting yourself on the back for no other reason than being born with a penis.

Also, the writing is atrocious.

Also, Toronto. BLECH!
>>
>>9343110
Still sounds fucking stupid, especially that bit about rigorous testing of new candidates
>>
File: $_27.jpg (27KB, 547x480px) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
27KB, 547x480px
They're on Kijiji too:

Men wanted for hazardous journey.
Expect extreme hardship as well as ruthless fights for truth.
Safe return doubtful.
Brotherhood and toughness in the event of success.

What does it mean to be men today? The question is up for grabs.

In Philosophical Fight Club (PFC), we learn to become masculine by engaging each other in conflict, struggling for truth. We have fight nights at undisclosed locations. There, we ask and face dangerous questions. We risk ourselves to see what we're made of.

Safe return doubtful. Brotherhood and toughness in the event of success.

I wonder if this is run by a complete psychopath and I am marginally skeptical about giving them a contact address if that is the case.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.