[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it feasible to study philosophy starting with Wittgenstein?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: TracLogPhil.jpg (27KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
TracLogPhil.jpg
27KB, 267x400px
Is it feasible to study philosophy starting with Wittgenstein?
>>
File: 1491149690882.png (187KB, 291x293px) Image search: [Google]
1491149690882.png
187KB, 291x293px
Yes, go on. You'll surely succeed.
>>
>>9342854
>Is it feasible to study mathematics starting with algebraic topology?
>>
>>9342854
Wittgenstein is really not that difficult
>>
Read the Tractatus and if it confuses you just read the later work where he offers a competing theory of language to the one put forward in the TLP. The TLP is a pretty short book. The rest of his stuff is (supposedly) written to educate children, to some degree.
>>
It's a pretty simple book, you gotta understand formal logic notation though.
>>
>>9342854
Yes but start with PI and then go back to the Tractatus
>>
File: mm4JFJT.png (421KB, 502x369px) Image search: [Google]
mm4JFJT.png
421KB, 502x369px
>>9342854
>Is it feasible to study a piece of philosophy that has never been fully understood by anybody ever

I don't know... Maybe.
>>
>>9343023
>he offers a competing theory of language
Plebterpretation.
>>
>>9342854
You can skip TL-P. Wittgenstein himself later realized how utterly stupid it was and based on a one easily debunked presumption he didn't himself address at all.
>>
>>9344116

Which was?
>>
>>9344118
everything in the world must be made of unique facts.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.