[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is the future of fiction in the digital age? I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: large2.jpg (72KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
large2.jpg
72KB, 500x344px
So what is the future of fiction in the digital age?

I think it's highly likely that the tradition print publishing will disappear, or, if not disappear, become so niche as to cause books to become extremely expensive... like vinyl records.

Literary iction itself will undergo a monumental change. What will that new revolutionary form of fiction be?
>>
processed meat books
>>
>>9342614
sounds slimy
>>
>>9342624
No, dumbfuck. Like dried jerky
>>
>>9342633
i thought you meant hot dog binds
>>
>>9342642
well maybe dumb ideas like that can explain why you're at where you are in life.
>>
>>9342611
Like smartphones, everyone who wants an ereader already has one.

Society, at least American society, doesn't read all that much which is a different problem.
>>
There is no future. We're entering the age of post-literacy.
>>
Once our brains our implanted with computers, we'll be able to absorb entire novels in moments without reading them, just processing their information. Writers will have to figure out ways to combine multiple texts, along with sounds and images/videos, that will generate a high speed aesthetic collage for consumers to process internally.
>>
>>9342611
VR.
>>
>>9342611
sauce?
>>
Clannad
>>
>>9345868
We wish
>>
studies have shown that people living in today's advanced post-industrial societies are developing the reptilian part of their brain faster than any other part. the U.S.'s is the deadest culture in the world. sick and cluttered, no one likes to be alone. the experience of reading a good old analog book involved in some ways the ability to retreat from the outside world and be in your own head for a while, not checking your email or text messages constantly. without this ability to be alone for long stretches of time, the liveliness and creative energy of a culture is ruined and literature's audience is ruined.

that does not mean that writers will cease to exist, necessarily, or cease creating books the old fashioned way.. the real ones who are not doing it for money but for the sake of creating something that will enrich the individual human soul, will keep writing them and printing them and making them available, perhaps for readers who will encounter them and be helped by them once this disgustingly sick society collapses.
>>
>>9342611
My money's on books printed on paper
>>
I vote for destruction of technology and printing on stretched skin
>>
>>9347674
I wrote a manifesto about this, anon.
>>
>>9348248
They allow you access to 4chan in prison, Ted?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.