[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've revised and updated my story about my trip to new york.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I've revised and updated my story about my trip to new york.
>>
not even interesting enough to read for fun making of purposes
>>
not even interesting enough to read for fun making of purposes
>>
Why does this exist? Find a subject that will actually interest other people if you're trying to get us to critique your prose.
>>
My Diary is more interesting, senpai
>>
>>9342679
I felt a desire to encapsulate my trip to new york, because it was a very good trip. I feel that that's reason enough. I believe very strongly in writing for myself, and if other people write it, then that's okay. This piece is particularly detail oriented, but that's a utility to the purpose of the writing. If I added intimacies of the conversation, details about my perception and what not, I could have stretched the piece to be twice as long, hypothetically. I'm not sure I would have had the patience for that anyways.
>>
>>9342770
>write it
like it*
>>
>>9342770
ok you've convinced me. It's the best thing I've read in the last 10 years.

Submit it to Time or The New Yorker
>>
>>9342778
I appreciate it anon. I'm content in knowing that in some parallel universe you actually mean that.
>>
>>9342770
If you wrote it for yourself, why is it here?
>>
>>9342788
A lot of people write things for themselves and share it with others. I didn't originally have 4chan in mind when I wrote it, I wrote it because I wanted to write a synopsis.
>>
>>9342820
best reply I've ever read. Informative, succinct, oozing with wit, I'm submitting for a mooty award.
>>
>>9342820
Typically good writing is written with a specific audience in mind.
>>
>>9342845
Well, I think that keeping memories is worth while. I think it would be cool to look back on this years from now and have a full account of one of my favorite trips, with all the most important details written while they were fresh in my memory only a couple days after the trip happened. I certainly find value in it. And what is value anyways, but a capitalist construct? Why can't we find value in the leaves, and the wind, and the singing of the birds?
>>
You write like an 80 year old woman with dementia talks.
>>
>>9342876
I suppose it's decent if your only purpose is to preserve memories for yourself. However it's not good, or even especially readable, prose.

>capitalist construct
stop being a meme
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.