[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

going away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: G Time Johhnyy.jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
G Time Johhnyy.jpg
49KB, 400x400px
I'll spend this easter mostly alone, without internet or access to electricity, which means ill spend most of it reading. The probblem is that i dont have a clue what book to read.

So, any suggestions? The book needs to be long (1000 or more), and prefeerably thought provoking.

If i had to choose now, Infinite Jest is the book i'd choose, but i have not in any way made up my mind.
>>
This whole post makes me laugh.
>>
>>9339334
it sounds like the perfect time to read the bible and other catholic works in your backlog.
>>
>>9339334
>Easter
>The book needs to be long (1000 or more)

HMMMM I WONDER...
>>
File: WARHOLIC.jpg (19KB, 220x313px) Image search: [Google]
WARHOLIC.jpg
19KB, 220x313px
satire written in a mixture of forms. the essay parts are good and thought provoking.
>>
>>9339339
>>9339343
>>9339338

I went to catholic school, and to put it nicely, it wasn't my thing.
>>
>>9339356
>implying Catholic school and the Bible genuinely have anything to do with each other
>>
>>9339380
Oh, actually Karamazov would work very well I think
>>
>>9339380
What are you talking about? We had to study it several times a week...
>>
>>9339385
Thats actually a great suggestion, been wanting to read dostojevskij for a long time. I've heard that its translations are all bad though.
>>
>>9339389

I apologize, I was being snide; I was thinking about the legalism that can often have an oversized place in Catholicism and that can crowd out God's mercy, the real (dare I say) message of the Bible. My sincere suggestion, given the day and >>9339356, is >>9339385.
>>
>>9339410

Assuming an English translation, I've read MacAndrew, McDuff, and Matlaw's revision of Garnett, and all three of them are good I would say. Another translation I am very intrigued by personally, and the next one I will read, is Avsey (who focused on Dostoyevsky exclusively in his translation work). (I am critical of Pevear and Volokhonsky for Dostoyevsky and so wouldn't recommend them.)
>>
>>9339334
Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Read it thrice
>>
File: gTime.png (305KB, 704x460px) Image search: [Google]
gTime.png
305KB, 704x460px
>>9339334
G-Time Johnny is woke af
>>
>>9339437
Yeah, long time fan here. Found his vids before he went full schizo.
>>9339415
>>9339380
>>9339385
>>9339425
Thanks. Btw, that seems to only happen in america tbqh. I was sent to private school in Norway, a country with very few catholics, and consequently very few schools.
>>9339433
thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>9339481
He's not schizo anon, he has wisdom but cannot articulate it in a way that wouldn't make normalfags go "lol he crazy"
>>
>>9339503
I sort of agree with you, but he's clearly to some degree lost his mind. Just look at his older videos. There he spoke of the same ideas, just more coherently. To me it seems like he's overdosed on truth, just like tons of other people have.

Alex jones is a perfect example. He started out being reasonable (though on the wacky side), but he overdosed/dug too deep, and now he is a total schizo.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.