[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What got you in to reading /lit/ How many books have you read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: book chink.jpg (1017KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
book chink.jpg
1017KB, 1066x1600px
What got you in to reading /lit/
How many books have you read
How did reading affect your life?
>>
>>9339229
The french history. /300/, more versed in ancient french history than others, a bit like a talesreader s
>>
File: chica-leyendo1.jpg (98KB, 866x575px) Image search: [Google]
chica-leyendo1.jpg
98KB, 866x575px
I can't remember a time when I did not read.
Probably well over a thousand by now.
>I felt always as though I were hanging over a void; up there everything that had ever happened to me seemed unreal, and worse than unreal - unnecessary. Instead of joining me to life, to men, to the activity of men, the bridge seemed to break all connections. If I walked towards the one shore or the other it made no difference: either way was hell. Somehow I had managed to sever my connection with the world that human hands and human minds were creating. Perhaps my grandfather was right, perhaps I was spoiled in the bud by the books I read. But it is ages since books have claimed me. For a long time now I have practically ceased to read. But the taint is still there. Now people are books to me. I read them from cover to cover and toss them aside. I devour them, one after the other. And the more I read, the more insatiable I become. There is no limit to it. There could be no end, and there was none, until inside me a bridge began to form which united me again with the current of life from which as a child I had been separated.
>>
>>9339274
I appreciate it's suggestion but the quotes rather cheesy.
>>
About 2 years ago when i got so close to getting kicked out of highschool because of my cs:go addiction.
Uninstalled that shit, around same week the yearly book fair near to my school reminded me that i had nothing else to do besides hw, so i gave it a chance.
>In the 100's
Reading was probably the only thing that got me into university.
>>
I think I heard Dostoevsky mentioned in another book I was reading so I picked up Crime & Punishment and after that it kind of took off from there. I don't know exactly how many books I have read, a fair amount I guess. I think it's definitely had a positive effect in my life. At least I can't imagine my life without reading at this point.
>>
File: 1476673298563.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1476673298563.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
I can't remember
I don't know
-//-
>>
Surrealism. Aurelia was the first book I got into in high school and I just continued to dive into other classics.
>>
>>9339229

1: Crushing loneliness
2: ~300
3: IJ unironically made me switch from railing oxycodone and coke all day to suboxone, culminating in me becoming totally drug free six months after
>>
>>9339229
>socks
wife
>>
>>9339229
>boredom as a kid + a desire for good stories.
>2000+
>gave me a ton of enjoyment and fulfillment, makes me appear smart to others, and a qt lit gf. definitely one of the biggest positives in my life
>>
>>9339274

that greentext made me puke, thanks faggot
>>
For every book I've read, I watched dozens of films and tv series.
>>
>>9339376
>>9340262
It's from Tropic of Capricorn, maybe you shouldn't be such a pleb.
>>
>>9340461
>Tropic of Capricorn
Wow, that totally changes everything, mane.
>>
College.
Not a lot.
I learned things.
>>
Eleanor Cameron's The Court of the Stone Children when I was 10. I loved it and love it still. Started collecting books at 14 and have been reading and collecting ever since. I just love it-- for pretend reasons both practical and mystical. It has chatacterized my life completely.
>>
>>9339229
my mom i guess
probably 250-300
made me smart and hate everyone a lot
>>
It was an escape from life. Enjoying it just came naturally to me.

I have started reading again because I want to expand my mind/quit relying on easily accessible forms of entertainment.

I also want a /lit/ boyfriend.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.