[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start writing >1 hour later >only written one paragraph

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1445889782651.png (46KB, 322x218px) Image search: [Google]
1445889782651.png
46KB, 322x218px
>start writing
>1 hour later
>only written one paragraph
>>
but it's the best fucking paragraph you've ever written.

"I fetched a rug (that my uncle Pisemsky had stolen from a merchant in Tashkent in the belief that it was an expensive Turkish relic, not realising that Turkish rug-weavers might well have woven epigrams from the Quran into their rugs but that they probably wouldn't have done it in Russian and they definitely wouldn't have used the Cyrillic alphabet to spell them out) and laid it out in the hallway in an attempt to keep the brackish water that still leaked from my boots off the once-expensive hallway carpet. I walked the length of the rug, then stood on the far end while I bunched up the remainder, spun it about underneath my feet while performing small jumping motions then laid it out again. It reached into the drawing room where the carpets were so worn with constant foot traffic, tobacco ash and spilled vodka that no-one (excepting perhaps Professor Chornigovsky, who rarely passed up a chance to put someone down) would comment on water stains and mildew as well. My socks squelched as I walked, as if to say see how he treats us? You'd think it was us stepped in that puddle, and on purpose!"
>>
>>9338408

>he spends hours writing descriptions of trifling bullshit
>>
>>9338374
this is why you write short stories or essays until you're better at transcribing your thoughts
it gets easier
>>
>>9338408
*spun it out under my feet then laid it out again.

get that overwritten autistic shit out of here.

other than that its pretty good, especially first sentence.
>>
I'm terrible at forming habits, so my writing is completely unstructured but I aggressively power through several pages a day because I feel that my frustrations MUST be properly articulated.

You're not thinking enough or you don't have strong enough opinions. Read more. My ideas are bursting out of me like pyroclastic flow. Think more, read more, care more.

When you care, the writing will follow because you won't even be able to stop yourself. The world is too stupid to understand, it would be an utter waste of time for me to share it with anyone around me, so I write it down for the few that may be capable to comprehend it at some time.

You lack substance because you lack passion. Find your fire.
>>
>>9338847
For example, I can pick up any work of philosophy (Currently reading Plotinus) and by the time I've finished several pages, there are agreements, developments and refutations just streaming out of my mind. That's all because I am invested in what I am reading and actively reading, trying to follow the author's train of thought and contrasting it with my own.

Your ideas develop when you expose them to other ideas (You find the weaknesses in your own, or increase their depth, make adjustments etc.). Expose yourself to new experience as much as possible. This applies just as much to fiction writing.
>>
>>9338860
Lastly, stop editing so much as you go. Get it on the page and edit it later. You are killing your flow by being so pedantic with your word choices. It's much more natural to increase the quality of your writing over time than to work in a way which is so artificial.
>>
>>9338847
>>9338860
>>9338869
All true.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.