[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this amazing book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Thoughts on this amazing book?
>>
File: IMG_0136.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
i'm at the part where the typhoon has settled a little, pretty great stuff anon
>>
File: IMG_7389.png (369KB, 304x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7389.png
369KB, 304x500px
What can be said about it that hasn't been said already?
>>
>>9336997
Not much desu

I will say that I had to read it for school, hated it, and then picked it up a few years ago and it's now one of my favourite books.
>>
is this some kind of plot to make moby dick a meme?
im okay with it i guess, the book was incredible, but i see this thread many times a day.
>>
>>9336980
>babby's first Melville
>>
>>9336980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFt59_E_g5s
>>
>>9337013
oh
>>
>>9336980
Literally an amazing book.
I read it last year and didn't think I'd love it as much as I did. It is metal as fuck.
>>
I lost the motivation to read it about halfway through when it's just endless chapters on whales and nautical matters.
>>
>>9338097
I loved those parts, though.
Reading about the supernatural fear attributed to Sperm Whales gave me goosebumps.
>>
>>9336980

It's a real whale of a time!
>>
I need to read the KJV bible first
>>
>>9338097
pleb
>>
>>9338097
I don't understand. Those parts are just as artistic and literary as the rest of the book. The amount of literary motifs in those passages is astounding, It's a marvel Melville turned something to encyclopedic and dry into a fascinating and absorbing study,
>>
>>9338229
so encyclopedic*
>>
File: 1450479174121.png (54KB, 210x180px) Image search: [Google]
1450479174121.png
54KB, 210x180px
>>9338097
>>
>>9336980
Anyone know if the edition OP posted is any good? Thinking about getting either that or the Library of America edition.
>>
Absolutely brilliant. A fine work of art. The plot does get slow at times, and is a weak point in general, but that is the only criticism I have. Easily one of the best novels ever.
>>
What a long a novel this is, a good book but it's so damn long I felt like I'd be reading it for the rest of the century.
>>
>>9337013
>>9337822
>35 minutes
no
>>
>>9339506
I have the library of America edition and it's great. The intro essay is insightful and the annotations are useful. Also it has labeled pictures of ships, boats and whales.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.