[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ortholit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (391KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
391KB, 600x960px
Give me some orthodox Christian literature, eastern or oriental.
>>
>>9334937
orthodox is a meme
>>
Septuagint:
http://orthodoxengland.org.uk/zot.htm

Patriarchal Text of the New Testament:
http://www.christianorthodox.net/orthodox-new-testament/
>>
>>9334937
Pentecostalism is the only key card to access the sublime.
>>
Laurus and anything by Dostoevsky.
>>
The orthodox church here in Russia is almost as vindictive, crazy, and corrupt as islam, fuck these niggers.
>>
>>9335102
How so?
>>
>>9335285
The church is basically a meme at this point. There is a guy sitting in jail right now for playing Pokemon Go in the church, you can get prosecuted for 'offending' christians (offense could be anything, including a random post on the internet), the bishops are some of the richest people in the country.
>>
Protestant is best you fucking frauds.
>>
>>9335372
>There is a guy sitting in jail right now for playing Pokemon Go in the church
There is nothing wrong with that, based Russia.
>>
>>9335400
Keep the church out of the government. It only leads to corruption
>>
>>9335463
Isn't it a case of the government controlling the church rather than vice versa
>>
>>9335463
If the church is out of government, then the government just owns the church.

A church is a sacred space, playing fucking Pokemon Go in church is disgusting.
>>
>>9335483
This, I doubt Putin is actually a devout Christian. He's using the Church to drum up patriotism and loyalty to the state. I hardly think the Russian Patriarch would ever be able to give Putin orders that he'd actually follow, while I'm sure the reverse is true.
>>
>>9335372
>There is a guy sitting in jail right now for playing Pokemon Go in the church,

Good.
>>
>>9335545
Probably that, but I can't believe that powerful leaders are fully atheist, they always get into spiritual/religious stuff.
>>
Mountain of Silence and Gifts of the Desert by Markides are good for spirituality

On the Divine Images and Praying with Icons are good for understanding the importance and use of Icons in Church and at home

Confessions, doorway to forgiveness is good for understanding confessions

Light through an Eastern Window is about the oriental church, from the eyes of a bishop, was one of the major sources that helped me convert.

I have others, but they mostly focus on prayer and I can't remember some of the titles.
t. Orthodox Christian
>>
File: 1475433077200.jpg (786KB, 1920x1135px) Image search: [Google]
1475433077200.jpg
786KB, 1920x1135px
Anyone here has read soloviev? I heard he was Dostos best pal.
>>
Here's a question that doesn't deserve its own thread,

Is the bible a good read? Any of them?
>>
>>9335026
Laurus is one of the best contemporary novels since Remains of the Day or 2666

>>9336268
I cant imagine suggesting that you are into western literature without having read the bible.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.