[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlighten me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: my old friend.jpg (4KB, 254x255px) Image search: [Google]
my old friend.jpg
4KB, 254x255px
First time on /lit/, please enlighten me on greater literature.

What I've read and enjoyed:
>George Orwell
Animal Farm
>Terry Pratchett
Discworld up to Mort
Good Omens
>Dmitry Glukhovsky
Metro 2033
>Andrzej Sapkowski
The Witcher Series
>Hiroshi Sakurazaka
All you need is kill
>Ernest Hemingway
Many works over the years
>Jules Verne
>H.P Lovecraft
>Fernando Pessoa
Every other poem he's written is pretty good
>Misc.
Art of the Deal
Mein Kampf
The God Delusion
A Brief History Time
Other things I've read:
Tolkien's Middle Earth series
Much Mango/Light Novels
Much Fiction, scattered and isolated volumes of it; a chapter of Harry Potter here, a Song of Ice and Fire there, some chapters of The Dark Tower, etc...

Can you help me transcend my normie-ness, and achieve a higher appreciation of writing?
>>
>>9334935
Lol
>>
Start here. http://imgur.com/gallery/U4OHY

>Art of the Deal
>Mein Kampf
>The God Delusion

wew
>>
Please, please be kidding.
>>
>>9334935
No, you're too far gone. You're forever a pleb.
>>
Check the sticky holy shit fuck
>>
Read the sticky before you post.
>>
Here's what you do, OP:

You avoid this board. It is so full of elitists. You read some pretty common to read books, you read some poetry, some video game stuff and some other random interest books on atheism and such.

This is a board that will just mock you for being above the usual "Hunger games is the best book series ever" trash but below "I only read books about thousands of years ago".

>>9335340
Like this guy here. The images are snobby and elitist, the books listed on the "books named by try-hards" are also on /lit/, reddit and goodread's top lists of books in general.

In short, read what you want. If you want recommendations, create a profile on goodreads, add the books you've read there and rate them, it should recommend you more books like them.

If you recommendations on good fiction in general, https://www.reddit.com/r/books/wiki/fiction . /lit/ will groan and whine because it has reddit on the title, however you'll find every book (Lolita, Crime and Punishment and even Infinite Jest) commonly discussed here is present on this list, so it's a good resource.
>>
>>9334935
It's better to ask for recommendations on Reddit since they are more helpful and less pretentious.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.