[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Rainald Goetz? Did he go full retard in 83 or was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: INGEBORG-BACHMANN-PREIS-2.jpg (108KB, 1024x1001px) Image search: [Google]
INGEBORG-BACHMANN-PREIS-2.jpg
108KB, 1024x1001px
Thoughts on Rainald Goetz? Did he go full retard in 83 or was it one of the coolest moment in German literature? Does anyone here even know him?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn64AVFydDw

related video
>>
Why don't you tell us about this feller?
>>
>>9334077
He's basically one of the more well known high-brow authors in modern Germany. He recently got awarded with the Georg-Büchner-Preis which is one of the most important landmarks for an author to achieve. He writes in a very contemporary, sharp and stunningly fast style. In 1983 he cut his own forehead with a razor while reading something from his first novel "Irre" to an astounded audience at the Ingeborg-Bachmann-Preis. I'm reading his newest novel Johann Holtrop right now and while I think he's better as a cultural observer than a true novelist, his writing style and observational skills are great.
>>
>>9333932
>>9333954
>>9334090
Seems like a neurotic cuck
>>
>>9334404
more like a coked-out Berliner Schule nut but cool buzzwords in this thread that totally called for shitty memes.
>>
>>9334420
>coked-out Berliner Schule nut
That doesn't exclude the descriptor of "neurotic cuck". As a matter of fact, I'd say they include each other.
>>
>>9334435
It's stupid to call him a cuck because a) it's a buzz word that has lost all meaning and is unable to capture any sort of sense in a discussion b) he doesn't fit the general concept of being "sensitive" in a phony way or fighting for radical justice c) it's more of a maximalist apocalyptic media pastiche he's trying to deliver.
>>
>cutting yourself with a razor to astound the audience

Writers truly are a mixture of suicidal teenage girl and wrestler
>>
>>9334090
what's his best work that's been translated into English?
>>
>>9334514
Irre was translated to "Mad" in English and is supposed to be very good, I have only read excerpts though. His newest novel "Johann Holtrop" has also been translated - it's about the complete breakdown of the societal systems in German economic culture. I'm currently reading it and his style is very fluid and intricate in German, the only thing that kind of surprised me was how slow the actual narrative moves in contrast to the hyper-active style.
>>
auneienenfernun die duchstaufweishaupt einerjarnen fannitullen schlampesswolftsteinerwiggenfuck degrossfichedichdichliebeingsommderclaus
>>
sounds very warholian. he was a psyche dr huh? have any of his books been translated into english? he play has been, what do german-bros think of that play?
>>
>>9334618
as i said
>>9334536
i think his play got a great reception and is one of the most famous works of pop art ever made in Germany.
>>
>>9334536
how does this last one compare to the works of Houellebecq ?
>>
>>9334734
oh cool. sorry, I missed your post.
>>
He has this novel Rave that really belongs to my interests.

Sadly enough my German is not that good and has not been traduced yet (not even to English). In Spanish only Irre is traduced.

I hope to read him soon.
>>
I can't seem to track down "mad". do you know which press put it out?
>>
>>9334800
I found this link, maybe this will help you.

http://www.suhrkamp.de/buecher/mad-rainald_goetz_22428.html?d_view=english
>>
>>9334813
much appreciated anon
>>
i can't tell if this guy's a product of his time or if he was lampooning it. is this punk or what punk was rebelling against? interesting
>>
>>9333932
anyone else reminded of rick mayall?
>>
>>9333954
Really makes me realize how bad my German is.

All I got was him questioning if things are important which we consider important, or something like that.
>>
So, why did he cut himself?
>>
>>9336990
Adrenaline and to look edgy, I presume.
>>
>>9333954
Can't understand a word but fuck he's intense
>>
>>9337037
something something television literature and cars are not important something something
>>
>>9334090
Does his play titled Jeff Koons have anything to do with the artist by the same name?

Can't find anything about it.
>>
>>9336982
wirklichkeit = reality
he speaks fast so I think you'd have to practice speaking and listening daily for a few months if you wanted to understand him better.
>>
>>9333932
what is up with the file name of his pic
>>
>>9337435
She speaks fast, but very clearly and in a familiar dialect (if not Hochdeutsch).

Why did I think 'wirklich' meant 'wichtig'?
>>
beon
>>
>>9337441
He did the crazy razor thing at a reading at the Ingeborg-Bachmann-Preis in 83. She's a fantastic poet who burned to death check her out.
>>
>>9333932
>>9333954
Funny thing is: this guy actually has two PhDs - in medicine and in history.
This recording is from 1982, the year he got his second.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.