[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How goes that book you're writing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Look_Ma_Im_Writing.jpg (79KB, 473x355px) Image search: [Google]
Look_Ma_Im_Writing.jpg
79KB, 473x355px
How goes that book you're writing?
>>
>>9333532
I've finished the first couple chapters, but since its supposed to be qausi-autobiographical, rooted in experiences I haven't had yet, I can't really work on it much more.
>>
It's really coming together nicely.
>>
>>9333532
I just started it, it reads like shit and doesn't make any sense.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (58KB, 1012x929px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
58KB, 1012x929px
>>9334167
Here's a preview.
>>
>>9334158
Fuck everything about your shitty book, anon. I already hate it so much.
>>
>>9334221
But I haven't even written it yet
>>
File: IMG_5613.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5613.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
It is going quite sick-ly . I've written the rough draft, revised and expanded the draft and tied together some loose ends.
The draft was in first-person alternating between the experience of the main feller and his laytee/fiancee, but currently, I am working on rewriting so the story is told through the same first-person perspective with smatterings of third-person narration (and of course working on general revising of language, plot details, etc.). I don't want to talk too much about my book on a Polynesian stomach lint collector's image board, but it deals with memory, hence the narration at times must be in first-person and betray the flaws and biases and distortions inherent in memory.
>>
>>9333532
Working on rough draft of second chapter. Going pretty well, I think!
>>
>>9333532
>implying I havent written several and no one wants to publish a nobody
>>
I'm slowly making my way through the first/second draft. I'm not entirely sure if it's the first draft or the second, since I abandoned the first draft less than a fifth of the way into it when my prose style changed.

Anyway, between grad school and other concerns it's been slow going, but I should be able to finish it up in the next couple of months. Then I'll let it lie low and write a bunch of short stories, then I'll come back to the draft later, look it over, and begin my final draft.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.