[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is new philosopher magazine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: s-l1600.jpg (231KB, 1307x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
231KB, 1307x1600px
how is new philosopher magazine?
>>
looks like a circlejerk for STEMautists, economists and posthumanists
>>
>>9328823
Buzzfeed but more postmodern circlejerk
>>
>>9328834

STEMautists would not want to be seen anywhere near anyone who would even consider having a peek at the contents of THAT garbage. Please.
>>
>>9328870
STEM isn't just physics and math, there are also compsci and other soft science courses
>>
>>9328916

Yes, I know, I study CS, and that's exactly why I feel so much contempt well up within me at the mere sight of that cover. It's buzzwords galore, made by and for retards.
>>
>>9328919
Why did you choose to be a computer technician instead of a scientist
>>
>>9328927

Because I enjoy using said science for something concrete and am not a parasite?
>>
>>9328930
Huh? What science are you using exactly?
>>
>>9328939

Computer science, duh?
>>
>>9328955
kek
>>
>>9328972

Let me guess, you dropped out of chemistry or some other field with a female majority?
>>
>>9328975
No, still doing physics
Just curious what you consider "science"
>>
>>9328985

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_science

I suppose they must have lowered the admission requirements for physics at whatever local community college you're attending.
>>
>>9328989
So insecure you can't take bants and link to wiki instead of speaking from experience? Man, CS really is a lower caste
>>
Yeah, you do have autism.
>>
I'm glad we didn't get merged with /sci/. The levels of pedantry and autistic shit flinging would be off the charts.
>>
>>9328823
The essay comps are vaguely interesting. It's been going for ages in Australia, came to Europe I think about a year and a half ago iirc. It's not massively brilliant but alright.
>>
>>9328823
Not as good as Collapse
>>
>>9328823
imagine pomo 21st century philosophy if it were a magazine
>>
>>9328823
mediocre, although I'm basing this opinion off the one issue I read.

Also its graphic design aesthetic is disgusting to me.
>>
>'philosophy' magazines

Has /lit/ sunk this low?
>>
>>9328823
It's pretty good. A compendium of essays and topics, they tend to have some very good book recommendations. Don't read into what people in this thread are saying, they're contrarians for the sake of boredom and try to ruin everything.
>>
Coffee doesn't need to be shilled more than it already is
>>
File: IMG_20170328_143812_661.jpg (28KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170328_143812_661.jpg
28KB, 320x320px
I buy it to read on the dunny since im paranoid about reading a book or my phone on there. The essays are interesting, the covers are always buzzword nonsense. I like the design. Oh and theres no advertisements in the magazine unlike with most others, so you dont get full page spreads advertising watches or whatever.
I thinks its good conversation fuel for talking to normies, i can never normally think of a topic that they wont hit snooze on, and isnt a current meme, so i bring up something i read while forcing out a shit and my opinion on it, leaving them thinking i am an interesting person.
>>
File: 37824723.jpg (80KB, 500x716px) Image search: [Google]
37824723.jpg
80KB, 500x716px
kid
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.