[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which novelist had the best answer on how to live life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: ryHlORr[2].png (162KB, 386x471px) Image search: [Google]
ryHlORr[2].png
162KB, 386x471px
Philosophically Goethe best fits me, but practically his life was pretty effin awesome too
>>
File: 1491146931936.png (224KB, 468x365px) Image search: [Google]
1491146931936.png
224KB, 468x365px
>>9328065
>reading for plot
>>
>>9328065
>>
Kierkegaard & Dostoevsky
>>
>>9328065
Nietzsche.

Unfortunately now used by faggot teenagers to justify their nihilistic hedonistic tendencies.
>>
>>9328065
Bradley Nowell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9rW0q_FJOs
>>
>>9328065
>Goethe
>be high ranking statesman, poet, playwright
>hang with Schiller and Napoleon
>fuck bitches left and right
My nigga
>>
Robert E Howard
>>
Joyce and Proust t b h
>>
Lermontov
>>
david foster wallace
>>
File: ayn-rand-1957c.jpg (260KB, 650x675px) Image search: [Google]
ayn-rand-1957c.jpg
260KB, 650x675px
>>
'hauer
>>
>>9328186
What was Proust's answer?
>>
>>9328071
this guy, of course
>>
>>9328099

Nietzsche is useful insofar as he highlights points that other thinkers either missed or were too cowardly to say, but he ultimately takes the whole 'pain and struggle' thing too far, especially the idea of 'the individual struggling against the herd.'
>>
Voltaire? Probably just tacked on though, desu
>>
>>9328065
this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSSe9PFg0eA/?taken-by=thecatstringoffate
>>
honetly joyce
>>
Dante.
>>
>>9328378
search for the lost time
>>
Not a big fan of Hemingway but the guy knew how to party and enjoy life.

Guy didn't kill himself because he was a faggot and depressed.
He killed himself because he was bored with life, done and seen it all and wanted to go out on his terms.
If that isn't fucking badass I don't know what is.
>>
Tolstoy.
>>
>>9328065
The Unlimited Blade Works route of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. (Not the anime)
>>
>>9329786
It'll take you 35 hours to get to the answer. And the quality of the translation sucks balls. But it is still the best thought out conclusion I've seen.
>>
>>9329850

which is?
>>
>>9329771

dawg he killed himself because he couldn't cope with the fact that his hypertension prevented him from writing at the level he was previously writing. iirc.
>>
File: joeyisshocked.jpg (24KB, 399x270px) Image search: [Google]
joeyisshocked.jpg
24KB, 399x270px
>Hold up, what about me
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.