[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>had had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 5.jpg (238KB, 1337x1289px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
238KB, 1337x1289px
>had had
>>
>>9327265
>If the opinion he had had had had any relevance
>>
>he'd had
>>
>>9327272
what would be a better way of saying it?

>If the opinion he'd had still held any relevance
?
>>
>>9327337
How about:
>If his past opinion still held relevance
It has the same meaning with much less "hadding."
>>
Mightn't've.
>>
Can anyone used 'was was' in a sentence? I'm sure I read that somewhere the other day but can't think of anything.
>>
>>9327265
Kill yourself, frogposter.
>>
>>9327373
I was was walking to the store
>>
>>9327373
What he was was a doctor
>>
>>9327385
It makes perfect sense but looks so silly.
>>
What about had hadnt
>>
>>9327385
Wouldn't there be a comma in between them?

Sorry, I'm retarded
>>
>>9327265
>The thought had never occurred to him that that was the correct grammar
>>
>>9327448
That's called a "comma splice." If you were to say "What he was, was a doctor," you'd have two dependent clauses instead of one full sentence. A comma separates a supplementary dependent clause from the main independent clause of the sentence.
>>
>>9327469
Actually a comma splice is the opposite of that, but the main point about making the sentence disjunctive stands.

Apologies, it has been a while since I got this pedantic about it
>>
>>9327476
heh you learn something new everyday amirite
>>
That that is is that that is not is not is that it it is
>>
>>9327359
Oh ya 'e fink wit 'is cock, mightn't've kicked so 'ard an' fell iffin' the rubber 'eld
>>
>>9327392
Past perfect sense!
>>
>>9327265
>My brain is too small to handle the use of more than the basic tenses and moods
Monolingual pleb detected.
>>
>>9330158
It's about it being stylistically bad, you little contrarian shit.
>>
>gonna

Had had has its uses, though; good for breaking tension if you've somehow built tension but don't want it to go anywhere.
>>
>>9330166
>I'm going to deprive the English of grammatical tenses, one of the things that the English language already struggles with just because I can't stand a repeated word
>Hating on had had that much
>Calling people contrarian
>The lack of self awareness
Modern lit everyone.
>>
What the effect that that had had was was mindblowing
>>
>>9330202
>a certain grammatical form sounds jarring and aesthetically unpleasing
>HURR DURR HOW DARE YOU LE SELF AWARENESS
Fuck off and kys yourself, autismo.
>>
>>9330230
>Telling people who think had had is stupid to kill themselves
>Somehow thinks he isn't a contraian
>Reeees at being accused of lack of self awareness
The lack of self awareness is real.
>>
>>9327272
I like this
>>
>>9330246
>Telling people who think had had is stupid to kill themselves
Nobody did that, retard. Now fuck off to /mu/ or /tv/ or whatever other cesspit of retarded teenagers you crawled out of.
>>
File: nich5555555.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nich5555555.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>least of all
>>
File: 1472767567079.jpg (156KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472767567079.jpg
156KB, 640x640px
>>
>>9330230
Do you also hate now. . . now, you plebeian?
>>
>>9327265
>frogposter can't pluperfect
I'd've never imagined
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.