[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good book to start with Nietzsche?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ecce homo.jpg (53KB, 326x499px) Image search: [Google]
ecce homo.jpg
53KB, 326x499px
Is this a good book to start with Nietzsche?
>>
its like starting with dvd commentary instead of movie. go chronologically or full zarathustra. or read chapters of ecce homo as introduction to each book.
>>
>>9325214
No.

>>9325223
>go chronologically
This is the only answer. Start with his earliest and read his complete works.
>>
>>9325223
>go chronologically
Do you mean starting with The Greek Music Drama and ALL his books?
>>
>>9325236
yeah, the published stuff
>>
1. Thus Spoke Zarathustra
2. Beyond good and evil
3. On the genealogy of morality

You don't need to read anything else, but you can if you want to, but there are so many other good books out there that I wouldn't make it a priority.
>>
>>9325214
>1. Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Pretentious garbage and pretty much the same ideas as:
>2. Beyond good and evil
Just read this and you'll understand Nietzsche. After that, you can move onto someone actually worth your time.
>>
>>9325646
>Beyond good and evil
>Just read this and you'll understand Nietzsche.
only because leo strauss said so? there are other traditions of interpretation with different focus of exegesis. taking BGAE as foundation is simply the easiest variant to teach in normie environment of mass academia.
>>
>>9325646
>Pretentious garbage and pretty much the same ideas as:
>>2. Beyond good and evil

No shit, that was the point of Beyond Good and Evil all along: to simplify and give another perspective on the contents of Thus Spoke Zarathustra, which was his magnum opus.

>After that, you can move onto someone actually worth your time.
Everything past Daws is worth reading, either for philosophical or aesthetic/artistic reasons.
>>
Sie brauchen nur also sprach Zarathustra lesen, und nichts anderes
>>
>>9327198
nein
>>
>>9327198
Du hast Nietzsche nicht lesen ; und dein Meinung ist scheiß.
>>
>>9325763
Is Foucalt worth it?
>>
>>9325606

Literally the worst advice, do not start with Zarathustra.

Start with Genealogy of Morals.
>>
>>9327198
Nein. Sie brauchen also sprach Zarathustra letzte lesen. Sie muessen die Anderen davor lesen.
holy shit my German is still so bad
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.