[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"People who write obscurely are either unskilled in writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

"People who write obscurely are either unskilled in writing or up to some mischief."
- Sir Peter Medawar

Infinite Jest BTFO. The entirety of fashionable modern literature BTFO. And the entirety of the trends that the progressive elites admire, e.g. Freudianism, BTFO.
>>
But a piece of writing that's perfectly ordinary to someone who's good at reading looks obscure do someone who's dumb or hasn't read much.
>>
>IJ
>written obscurely
Did you actually read it, baka?
>>
>"muh value judgments on other people"
>dead british owl man

he even says "up to some mischief" unironically. How did this faggot live in the 20th century?
>>
>"People who write obscurely are either unskilled in writing or up to some mischief."
But just think of all the mischief such a text could help the reader accomplish. I think that makes it all worthwhile.
>>
>>9322827

obviously, if someone is trying to express the unique nuances of their consciousness and observation they need a language.

"the grass is green" just doesn't cut it.
>thinks to themself
>well what kind of green was it?
>how was the reflection of the sun impacting the color of this green?
>was the wind blowing at the time, changing the lines and shape of this grass?
>what if I could write a sentence that approximated this feeling? This concrete reality that stands before me? I want to record life as it occurs to me and to do that I have to strip away the quick and easy constructs and cliches.

Sir Bucketcunt thought by devoting himself to duty and conformity then getting a knighthood give his life special and unique qualities. His scowling, bitter face and knighthood says it all: a terrorized conformist. Let's all laugh at his cause of death.

All the same, people like him make the act of artistic "rebellion" fun.
>>
>>9322849
>just doesn't cut it
kek'd
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.