[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything more pretentious than stylistic-language-fags?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: PFdghmz[1].jpg (181KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
PFdghmz[1].jpg
181KB, 640x640px
This goes for poetry-tards as well

"Oh look, I derive enjoyment from the minuscule amount of brainwork required to perceive the fact these two words share the same ending, or sound the same, or are arranged in the precisely autistic way that's simplistically pleasing to my hedonistic brain brain waves that is akin to chimps laughing at the way their own grunts sound"
>>
>>9322199
oh, and puns are fucking idiotic. Kill yourself.
>>
>>9322199
> or sound the same
generally speaking I don't care for rhyming poetry, the limitation imposed by its structure is supposed to lend it to being "musical" or something but you limit yourself to rhyming and thereby excluding you from writing with precision of emotional content, free verse is where its at, and there is a music to anything with sufficient aesthetic appeal
>>
>>9322212
Rhymes are also generally pretty forced, there's jardly anything organic about it. I find Hart Crane rhymes organically enough, but there are few who can/could.
>>
>>9322212
>>9322349
You clearly have never listed to the Real Slim Shady.
>>
>>9322373
Only once a random day out of every month of the year due to the ubiquity of shit music and its parasitic tendency to replay itself in your mind while you were trying to think of something interesting
>>
>>9322199
translation
>I am lazy and stupid. Please write simply so I can comprehend.
>>
>>9322199
Another child come to shout? Someone ring the nanny.
>>
>>9322378
Listed to Rap God on that day next year.
>>
>>9322387
It's more of an academia related problem, I guess. Microtonal Mandebrot sequences, Kabala like exegese of some dude's prose. Sure brah, smell ya ladeuuuurgh
>>
>>9322199
people get too hung up on how rhyme is a static or rigid formal constraint, but (as with every other literary device) it should be applied efficiently and reinforce or respond to the general themes of the piece. Rhyming couplets only suck because they've been floating around our culture for centuries, rhyme itself however can give texture to a poem and form new connections between ideas you weren't aware of previously.

Also most people have two left feet and no internal clock, which is why there's so much shit freeverse everywhere– You don't realise you need to have impeccable time until you start composing without it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.