[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hang on a second...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: v 1x3.jpg (461KB, 2016x778px) Image search: [Google]
v 1x3.jpg
461KB, 2016x778px
I just finished reading pic related, and toward the end of the epilogue it spells out pretty clearly that V. (Veronica) was Sydney Stencil's mistress and Herbert Stencil's mother, and later died as the Bad Priest. Hence Herbert's obsession.

Apparently the identity of V. is still a mystery to people, though? What is there left to solve?
>>
Also, I realize the journey/search was more important to the novel then whatever lay at the end of it. But it seems like a silly thing for people to (still) be hung up on.
>>
v. is noone in particular

v. is the wrath of the inanimate
>>
how are there no academic essays on Pynchon's use of animate and inanimate in V.? it's so interesting and could actually use clarification but I can find nothing
>>
>>9321274
subscribe to the pynchon quarterly by w.a.s.t.e.
>>
>>9321265
it's not a mystery in that sense of it though. Think of V as representative of a more general concept of convergence of human and machine as well as a sort of humanistic singularity. All the 'V's that could be V are sort of incarnations of this concept

>>9321274
do you have jstor access?

cause if you do :

http://www.jstor.org/tc/accept?origin=/stable/pdf/3831326.pdf

http://www.jstor.org/tc/accept?origin=/stable/pdf/25111109.pdf
>>
>>9321284
Those articles were interesting but I guess was explicitly interested in the "animate vs. inanimate" and they didn't really address that. I don't know. Maybe I'm autistic about it but I'm always interested in words that authors repeat in strange ways throughout their books (ex: annular in IJ, secular in Bleeding Edge)
>>
>>9321438
Lol you don't get to count yourself as autistic because you can recognize motifs happening. I'll do some digging when I have my computer for more links to what you're looking for but if you haven't checked out Gaddis and his ideas around the mechanization of the arts I'd give it a lookseedoosiee
>>
>>9321598
I haven't really gotten into Gaddis since I already have read more pomo than I should have with my total reading experience. I'll check it out though
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.