[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was special about Dante that entitled him to visit hell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 81NsAvdcbML.jpg (380KB, 1425x2209px) Image search: [Google]
81NsAvdcbML.jpg
380KB, 1425x2209px
What was special about Dante that entitled him to visit hell?
>>
He wrote the divine comedy
>>
>Dante's life's work is fanfiction of him meeting his favorite historical figures
Makes you thinkity thinkity thunk
>>
>>9320855
He had a press pass
>>
Virgil saw his dick and thought it was cute
But why was Virgil allowed to leave hell?
>>
>>9320855
he wasn't really special i think he was just picked because Virgil knew he would write about it
>>
>>9320865
kek
>>
Why the heck was Limbo the first level of hell in Inferno, why wasn't it in Purgatorio. Can someone explain this to me
>>
>>9321311
only read inferno, but p sure purgatory is for people who will eventually get into heaven

the first level of hell is for pre-christ ppl who arent punished, but can never go to heaven because they were born too soon
>>
>Tfw born too soon to go to heaven
God beith a fag
>>
File: laughing.jpg (129KB, 681x455px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
129KB, 681x455px
>>9321311
Because you can't go to heaven of you're a Pagan, except if you're one whom Dante really liked then you can go to heaven for some reason.
>tfw Dante is burning in hell right now for writing his blasphemous poem
>>
>>9321343
Well that's unfair. Why would God do that?
>>
>>9322438
Have you not read the old testament? God's a dick.
>>
>>9322439
It's okay, we have the new testament, God's our merciful absent daddy now.
>>
>>9322438
Canonically, Jesus went to hell after the crucifixion and redeemed everyone there, so Limbo's just Dante shitposting.
>>
File: 51VCa1r6tBL._SL1500_.jpg (39KB, 316x500px) Image search: [Google]
51VCa1r6tBL._SL1500_.jpg
39KB, 316x500px
I want to read the comedy but all bookstores here only have this edition. How garbage is it?
>>
>>9321223
>But why was virgil allowed to leave hell
Because he was in limbo, and still had virtuosity. Him not being tainted by sin allowed him to visit purgatory, but he was still disallowed entry to heaven due to being a pagan.
>>
>>9322539
Hard to say without knowing the translator, but 99% chance that it's shit. Just order a good copy off of amazon.
>>
>>9320855
>What was special about Dante that entitled him to visit hell?
He was in need of spiritual guidance.
>>
all poets go to hell, duh.
>>
>>9320855
He was getting close to becoming sinful and damned, so Beatrice/God decided to save him. He had to go down through hell to reach the Purgatorio mountain and from there to go to Heaven.
Why was he chosen for this? Well that is probably the most interesting thing to think about in the entire poem, so you're going to have to read it for yourself (multiple times, you won't understand what he is trying to do the first time) and form an opinion.
>>
>>9320855
He wrote it.
>>
>>9322438
romans 9
>>
>>9320855
He had the greatest and most caring /lit/fu of all time who was looking out for him from the midst of the celestial rose.
>>
>>9320855
The Divine Comedy is at the same time lyric poetry (because of the first person) and epic poetry (because of the narrative style). That's one of the many reasons why it's great
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 764x852px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 764x852px
>>9323331
mfw this post almost made me cry
>>
>>9322439
>>9322444
>>9322439
>Have you not read the old testament? God's a dick.

Have you not read the old testament? It's a story about how the jews keep fucking up and god's repeated mercy
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.