[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To what audience does he cater? Also, what's his greatest novel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Haruki_Murakami.jpg (30KB, 620x390px) Image search: [Google]
Haruki_Murakami.jpg
30KB, 620x390px
To what audience does he cater? Also, what's his greatest novel?
>>
caters to pleb beginners but in the best cases, can be a gateway drug to Real Lit ©
>>
>>9318756
A lot of people would probably say 1Q84, and i'd probably agree that - objectively speaking, it's his most ''accomplished'' work.

Personally i preferred hardboiled wonderland though.
>>
>>9318756
Brainlets. I should know, I'm one of them.
>>
>>9318787

How is 1Q84 his most accomplished work? Do you mean in terms of the work's scope?
>>
The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, was good.

Any time he's mentioned on /lit/ there's such a visceral reaction to him. I'm not sure how it originated.
>>
>>9318787
Your punctuation is shit; don't try so hard.
>>
>>9318756
Definitely not to the Japanese nation.
>>
No one in particular, which is probably why he's so popular except for the cranks around here. Readable, lighthearted, quasi-romantic, occasionally funny. Wild Sheep Chase is great.
>>
>>9318841
you're*
idiot...
>>
Does it really matter?
>>
>>9318802
yeah
>>9318841
don't bully me dude... you hurt my feelings...
>>
>>9318756
I read Dance Dance Dance and I liked it. Nothing too deep but humorous and comfy, not badly written either.
A friend lent me 1Q84 and I found it complete garbage tho, I dropped it halfway through. I can see why some people accuse him of writing the same book over and over, the atmosphere in both novels was almost identical.
>>
>>9318756
now that i think about it, 1Q84 reads as if he put himself in the book as the writer and flitted around with those strange ideas and perversions. (that one scene where the dude is stuck on the bed) very low tier book imo. wat a hentai-yaro am i right guys
>>
>>9318953

My English teacher said that she found 1Q84 stilted and full of unnecessary and irritating details. Do you agree?
>>
Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, is perhaps my favourite book of his that I've read, which admittedly isn't many.
>>
>>9318980
I read it a long time ago but yeah that's pretty much my recollection. I didn't finish it though so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
>>
>>9318756
I liked his book, Norweigen wood, and kafka on the shore, it's a good read, but nothing spectacular or worth remembering
>>
>>9318953
I went through almost all his books in my teenage years. By the time 1Q84 I felt that I was finally growing out of Murakami and was ready to start reading real lit.
1Q84 was the book that really finalized this sentiment. The book is Murakami at his absolute worst. It's undirected and full of first draft-tier writing. When Murakami gives himself too much space/too many pages to write, he gets lazy.
>>
>>9318842
Completely disagree.

>>9318756
Normies who want to be deep and moms pining for that hipster kid from their college days.
>>
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>9319112
>Completely disagree.
This man... in Japan... he is nothing!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.