[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: my-struggle.jpg (69KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
my-struggle.jpg
69KB, 640x631px
Thoughts on this?
>>
'Twas a struggle indeed.
>>
>the best piece of Norwegian literature is some pretentious multi volumed autobiography by some 40 year old man

What happened to get to this point my guys?
>>
>>9318202
it is on the wrong side of the line between vanity and art

>>9318446
Hamsun shits all over him
>>
>>9318446

Don't know any other norwegian authors. Who are some interesting ones?
>>
>>9318446
>>9318462

The best Norwegian writers are Hamsun and Ibsen, bucko. Claiming that Knausgård is the best Norwegian writer is as ignorant as claiming that Franzen is the best American writer.
>>
>>9318446
no one in their right minds considers his work the best piece of norwegian literature
>>
>>9318202

Read volume 1 last month. Don't really understand all the fuss about it, nothing ever happens. Sure, sometimes you identify with the subtle feelings implied in his actions throughout the book, but besides that, it's not worth it.

His thoughts on death at the beginning of the book are pretty good btw.
>>
>Woe is me.
>>
Can we leave the sub /tv/-tier "what should I think of this [x]?" threads at the door please?
>>
>>9318202
Only read the first two, highly recommended. This guy understands what it feels like to be a modern first world man with intellectual aspirations. And as cringy and edgy as that sounds, you'd think that /lit/ of all boards would emphatize and understand.
>>
>>9318464
Undset
>>
>>9318202
he looks like dave grohl
>>
The marketing in my country is all like "the best novel of the 21st century" and I'm like no
>>
>>9318634
people never remember Undset even though she won a nobel
>>
i read the first 10 pages and im hooked, idk about you guys
>>
>>9318735
Women cant write though
>>
It's so shit I don't even want to read the first page.
>>
>>9318491
>he reads for the plot
>>
It's literally 'my diary desu senpai'.

If the guy wasn't some Scandinavian chad nobody would give a shit.
>>
>>9319852
>chad
stop
>>
>>9318638
That's because he's Sirius Black
>>
File: 1484181391511.jpg (22KB, 651x719px) Image search: [Google]
1484181391511.jpg
22KB, 651x719px
>>9319822
>he pretends not to care about plot
>>
>>9320060
Go watch netflix. It should be more suitable for you.
>>
love it, its a diary-as-novel, confessional and well written, and theres so much of it - which does matter. quantity has its own good effects.
>>
What sort of stag does Norway have, and when can we expect its candescence?
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 298x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 298x450px
did he name it after mein kampf intentionally?
>>
>>9320477
no, actually. in 6th book he recounts how, after the first two books were published, his friend geir brought to this coincidence to his attention. he slapped his forehead and they had a laugh about it.
>>
it's a spectacular piece of art.

book 5 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 3

can't wait for the final installment. if you cannot see the beauty and necessity of these novels then just wait a little bit and return to the books until something clicks.
>>
>mfw I'm Norwegian and haven't read it

Is it really that good, even in English?
>>
>>9318464
Out of Hamsun, Ibsen, and Franzen,
Which is the most handsome?
>>
>>9320728
>book 5 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 3
Any list without 2>1>* is just a laugh riot. You're either stupid or mid teens.
>>
>>9318462
Read Tor Ulven's novel Replacement.
>>
>>9320728
>>9321834
>1>4>2>3

How good is #5? And #6?
>>
>>9321834
i think 2>1, but 1>2 or 1=2 wouldnt puzzle me

they were written as one book, you know

what puzzles me is people putting any subsequent books over 1 and 2, but to each their own
>>
>>9322063
of 3, 4 and 5, i liked 5 the best
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.